• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bowden Connector

Hi All. I am looking for any tips people have to getting the bowden connector for the throttle cables out of an 1150 RT. I discovered there is a large crankcase breather or some other type of hose across the front where it slides out. In addition the tang the fuel pump wires ists on seems to be in the way. Anyone have tips to make this easier?

Second question. I replaced the left throttle cable and I confess I did not disconnect the other cables, including the "choke" cable to do it. I have put in the new cable, snyced the throttle bodies and now my choke is not working. It appears the cable is stretched as the RPM does not increase when the enricher is on. Any suggestions, or do I have to replace this cable.

Thanks, everyone!

John Horsfield

Last edited:
Arrrrr......

I wish I could tell you it is easy but it is not. Everthing from the fairing, battery, and gas tank must come off an out. Then put it back and do a TB sinc.

Hi, I think I know the problem. When I replaced the throttle cable I used the throttle cable settings in the Clymer manual of 2mm slack. Apparently this is too much and will prevent the choke operating correctly. The fix, as I understand it is to reduce the slack in the throttle cables to nearly zero, re-sync the throttle bodies, and then adjust the choke. Of course first I will make sure the choke works when I do this.

I don't relish rmeoving the bowden connector again, so I am hoping this works.

John

Back