• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMWMCOGA Iron Horse Weekend Oct. 18/19

That's the same weekend as the 10th annual BMW Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion at the Iron Horse Lodge. I'll be there Oct. 16th to the 19th. I'm looking forward to meeting more BMW riders.

If anyone is interested I'm leading a ride on Friday to Marshall NC for lunch. It is about a 225 mile ride north through Hot Springs NC. Mostly mountain roads & four sets of switch backs over the mountain ridges. I will leave at 10:00 am. I'll have my BMW MOA club name tag on all weekend. Dave Selvig

I have been to IHL several times while on another forum. The hospitality there is great, facilities are very nice. I hope you all have a great time.

If anyone is interested I'm leading a ride on Friday to Marshall NC for lunch. It is about a 225 mile ride north through Hot Springs NC. Mostly mountain roads & four sets of switch backs over the mountain ridges. I will leave at 10:00 am. I'll have my BMW MOA club name tag on all weekend. Dave Selvig

Always an epic ride!

Oh wow, that's going to be a blast! Man I wish my bike was here so I could partake in this. :banghead

I'm going to try to make it there by 10:00 to participate. I've been to the last two Georgia Mountain Rallys and loved the area so much, I bought a small place in Hiawassee. I'm riding up from Jacksonville, Fl. Thursday afternoon to Hiawassee, and I plan on riding over to Robbinsville to meet some of you folks on Friday. Should be a good weekend.

I'm going to try to make it there by 10:00 to participate. I've been to the last two Georgia Mountain Rallys and loved the area so much, I bought a small place in Hiawassee. I'm riding up from Jacksonville, Fl. Thursday afternoon to Hiawassee, and I plan on riding over to Robbinsville to meet some of you folks on Friday. Should be a good weekend.
I'll change the departure from the lodge to 10:30 if that helps.

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that. Robbinsville is about an hour and a half from Hiawassee and I figure I can be on the road by 8:00 so I should be there in plenty of time. See you then.

Iron Horse weekend was dry, sunny and warm (warm enough days, not too cold nights). Unfortunately recent storms had knocked most of the color out of the trees which dimmed the higher elevation views, but that had no effect on the quality of the riding!

Most of the 15 or so BMWMCOGA members rode between 500 and 700 miles to/back and around the Great Smoky Mountains. Favorites were the usual suspects - Deals Gap, Foothills Parkway, Newfound Gap and Cherohala Skyway. Only bike casualty of the weekend amongst club members was a 2014 GSW that picked up a nail in its rear tire that was repaired roadside with a plug kit on hand.

Pictures here: https://bmwmcoga.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=187&club_id=243122&module_id=167832

Back