• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

anybody heard of "z-custom leathers" in ca.

alirawk

i just discovered a custom leather shop in california called z custom leathers (http://www.zcustom.com/), i was wondering if anybody has heard of them and got some opinions. they even make custom boots, using the same construction material as daytona's, which are not custom built, just really expensive, the z-custom boots are 295.00; their full suits start at about 1k and run to 1.6k.

i was curious also about their boots in particular. they seem like a really great shoe for the money, only wondering about the toe sliders being affixed via velcro. they would be my first pair of racer type boots, so i don't know whether that will be an issue. but most other boots have their sliders attached with screws, any difference. i suppose if knee pucks on pants are also connected with velcro it can't be an entirely far out concept to do likewise with toe sliders, right?

i spoke to them yesterday and they seem really confident in their products and have a wide array of stuff for a remarkable price. as a matter of fact i know that the dainese d-store in costa mesa, ca. sends their customers and products there for repairs. but i hate to assume when there is this forum. please let me know if anybody out there has heard anything.

I think a few years ago there was a review of Z boots in ON and it was very positive. Hopefully the new web site will have an index of past reviews.

Z Leathers

They've been around for years. Judging from the number of sportbike riders I see wearing them, they must be pretty good.
du

Z leathers are awesome. I have their full leathers, gloves and boots. I know several people who also have them. They're maybe not the cheapest but their quality is unsurpassed and they are the nicest people in the industry. They are also very good at repairs, even if it's not their brand. You will not be disappointed.
I am not affiliated to them in any way, just a very satisfied customer.

Tom Krause
Ozonkiller@msn.com

Good stuff, lots of Wera racers use Z, maybe not as flashy as the current
off-the-rack-stuff, but I think the quality is better.

The velro works fine.

I have a pair of Sidi Vertabras that work awesome and the have the screws.

I think I would prefer the Velcro. Sharp, pointy screws that close to my tootsies could spell disaster.

Once during a street crash wearing Levi's (yes I know better) The little brass rivet on the hip turned sideways and gave me a really nice cut.

Really crazy stuff happens when you do the sky, earth, sky, earth ballet

zcustom

undefined
alirawk said:
i just discovered a custom leather shop in california called z custom leathers (http://www.zcustom.com/), i was wondering if anybody has heard of them and got some opinions. they even make custom boots, using the same construction material as daytona's, which are not custom built, just really expensive, the z-custom boots are 295.00; their full suits start at about 1k and run to 1.6k.

i was curious also about their boots in particular. they seem like a really great shoe for the money, only wondering about the toe sliders being affixed via velcro. they would be my first pair of racer type boots, so i don't know whether that will be an issue. but most other boots have their sliders attached with screws, any difference. i suppose if knee pucks on pants are also connected with velcro it can't be an entirely far out concept to do likewise with toe sliders, right?

i spoke to them yesterday and they seem really confident in their products and have a wide array of stuff for a remarkable price. as a matter of fact i know that the dainese d-store in costa mesa, ca. sends their customers and products there for repairs. but i hate to assume when there is this forum. please let me know if anybody out there has heard anything.

Bill Weidner said:
undefined
undefined

I just got a deerskin suit made by Adolph at z leather. Got the pants and they were a little too long. Called Adolph and said mail them back. I received them 2 days later. Wow.

They did a good job and I like the suit.

Bill Weidner

Back