• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

An Afternoon Ride in the Finger Lakes

Grant63rt

Grant
Last Sunday, my SO was visiting her mother, all the chores were done and the weather didn't look too bad. The new tires on my bike only had 60 miles on them so I figured I'd better scuff them in a little. Picked up my camera and did a quick loop from Rochester to Watkins Glen and back, about 200 miles.

Here's the link to check it out:
http://homepage.mac.com/grant1151/PhotoAlbum7.html

Last edited:
sweet! nice pics, mind if i link to some of your photos? (i hope not, here i go...)

Image-20E629E7427A11DB.jpg

Image-20E60860427A11DB.jpg

Image-20F4D3B6427A11DB.jpg

Image-20F4F3EF427A11DB.jpg

by the way, did you do a ride report when you went to the track? this looks like it was fun!

Image-FD38907E5F6911DA.jpg

Image-FD38776E5F6911DA.jpg

username said:
sweet! nice pics, mind if i link to some of your photos?...by the way, did you do a ride report when you went to the track? this looks like it was fun!

Feel free, link away! Glad you enjoyed it. No ride report from track day. Those pics were from Mid Ohio durring the Lima rally courtesy of the MOA. For $20 you got a cd loaded with pictures of yourself (I'm so vain) on the track taken by a pro.

SFDOC said:
Nice ride Grant... :wave

Thanks SFDOC. Actually, it was looking at your POA tour report :thumb that got me motivated to get out my camera in the first place! I see you liked riding rte 8 through the Adirodacks, also one of my favorites. Maybe I'll get some fall folliage pictures up there later this month.

Great shots

Grant, is that rte 21 on the Canandaigua shot from western side?
Was at the Village Tavern a few weeks back. Friends rented a cottage on Keuka Lake.

Which Track was that in above pics? Take that baby to NHIS next month for MAX's/Tony's track day. www.tonystrackdays.com

Kevin

Kevin said:
Grant, is that rte 21 on the Canandaigua shot from western side? Was at the Village Tavern a few weeks back. Friends rented a cottage on Keuka Lake.

Which Track was that in above pics? Take that baby to NHIS next month for MAX's/Tony's track day. www.tonystrackdays.com

Kevin

At that point, rte 21 is down by the water, I was on a county road that runs near the top of the ridge. Above pic was Mid Ohio durring '05 MOA rally. I wasn't planning on posting that one. I think username was snooping around my other web pages. :ha It was only my 2nd time on a track and I can't wait to go again. Oct 2 at NHIS sounds great if I can work out the time. Maybe I'll see you there! BTW, how did you like The Village Tavern?

Village Tavern

Grant, I enjoyed the Village Tavern. Was my 2nd dinner there. 1st time was years back. Food great and so were staff. Nice energy to the place. (prices a bit on the high side relative to these Western NY parts) There were a few MC's outside w/ riders dining on sidewalk, taking advantage of the weather.

Oh, as to MAX's BMW track day at NHIS. Looks like work will conspire against it but keeping fingers crossed. Cruiser or DUC SSCR ... hmmm either way I have to worry about ground clearance, much moreso w/ the R1200C though the novelty of an R1200C on the track would be great fun. (rode an R1200C at the 2nd BMWNA track day at NHIS)

Back