• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

6 Volt Batteries

72r60/7

Y'all have any suggestions on 6 Volt Batteries from the corner/local Auto Supply places to fit the '55 forward 6 Volt Bikes.
(I prefer non Chinese manufactured though Taiwanese products are fine with me. I've just not had good service lately from "Made in China" batteries or goods lately.)

We have NAPA, Fisher, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, O"Reilly's, and Car Quest I think, but no Pep Boys yet.

Don't need yet but best to not wait till "havta absolutely gotta have one". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie

In my R69S, I'm running a Yuasa B38-6A - http://www.yuasabatteries.com/battery.php?bID=B137&vID=1463 - seems that I've been using it for around 10 years

In my R25/2, the lead acid batteries with fill caps tend to allow battery acid to escape due to the higher level of vibration. Vech didn't recommend using a sealed battery because they're too delicate inside. But I had no choice given the acid problem. So, I went with a Duracell 6V 5aH from Batteries Plus. It's smaller than the stock size, so for now, I've zip tied in onto the battery tray. At some point, I suppose I could hollow out an old battery case and fit the battery inside...it would look a bit better. Some members of the German single cylinder forum say they've used these type of sealed batteries for a long time.

Back