• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

4/29 - 5/1 Yankee Beemers Frosty Nutz Campout

kz1000ken

frostyNutz2016Banner.png

Official Event Page:

http://www.yankeebeemers.org/events_FrostyNutz.html

This is is a great location on the Connecticut river, about 10 minutes from Mt Ascutney.
There is a pot luck dinner Friday night, I will be bringing enough pasta and homemade sauce to feed the first 50 people. Bring something to add to the collective (bread, cheese, wine, dessert, whatever goes with Italian!)
It sometimes gets down to about freezing overnight, but typically is in the 70's during the day. Even if its warm at you house, pack a sweater!

Wilgus State Park

3985 Route 5

Weathersfield, Vermont 05156
Latitude, Longitude: 43.3893327, -72.4076809

It is centered in some of the nicest riding New England has to offer.
What's more, by special arrangement between the YBs with the Vermont State Park system, we have the whole park to ourselves! (Cry 'Havoc' & Let slip the dogs of war !)

Wilgus offers many tent and lean-to sites and even has a few cabins thrown in for those who really like sleeping in the cold. Modern restrooms, showers with doors and hot water will keep you fresh during your stay. Wood is available from Eric the park ranger who is our host for the weekend. We (John & Ken) will have coffee going, but you are on your own for the everything else, so bring what you need. Well stocked markets are just a few miles away for what you might forget. Bring something for yourself and a little to share. Some of the finest campfire cooking happens at Wilgus. While we have had a great spring, this is Northern New England; be prepared for the slight chance of a cold and wet weekend.

$25 e entry fee, you can pay here on the site through PayPal or send the treasurer a check. There is plenty of room, tent sites and lean-to’s are available on a first come basis, and for a $100 more there are 4 cabins available, the cabins sleep 4 comfortably but cram in as many as you like. Pre-registration is always appreciated but last minute holdouts are always welcome and you may pay the enforcement team Friday evening.

Thinking about it, Camping that is.

I did mark this 1 down. have to see how my X is?
The weekend before will be camping in Suches, Ga. .
See how the return trip goes in WV. Camping.

This is a great event and probably the most enthusiastic group of rider's you'll ever meet. After a long winter, we're ready to roll!

Just bought a new tent and Air mattress, and I am ready to give my birthday gift (Kermit Chair) its first try at a rally! I also bought 8 cans of propane for our tent heaters.....

Thanks

Thank U Yankee Beemers.
Nice park, great camping.
My first get together with a Beemer group. I did ride out National in Billings = LARGE group.
Did beat the Sunday rain home.

Pine tar sap, clean up gear/clothing use rubbing alcohol with a clean rag. Had 4 spots on tent & air mattress. cleaned right up.

Thanks everyone for coming!

We had about 80 folks. We rode, we ate, we sang, we drank... The weather was great, and there were a lot of new faces! Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Pemi!

Back