• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1995 K75 odometer failure

WRobRich

Both the odometer, with 15,500 miles, and trip meter are now non-functional after seemingly fine. Disassembled and found a tooth-stripped little bitty soft plastic drive gear on the armature of some motor, presumably a motor associated with the speedometer or maybe stand-alone.
Anyone had this happen? and can the little gear be replaced or can the motor with armature be replaced or can the next bigger part be replaced? Thanks in advance. Wayne

Try contacting the folks at odometergears.Com

The specialize in this stuff for old bmw cars, motormeter and vdo.

The odometer on my 88 K75S has failed. I purchased the bike last year with around 99k miles. I rode it from AZ to OH and the odo worked (crossed 100k miles just about atop the continental divide in Colorado). I got home and the odo stopped. After about 7 miles the odo began working again (I said some mighty strong language to myself, perhaps that helped). I went to the RA rally in Arkansas in the fall and the odo worked. Upon returning home it stopped working again - even with stronger language being said to myself the odo remained non-functional.

I contacted Overseas Speedo in Austin, TX and they indicated that they could fix the odo - cost would be about $200. In the interim I put an inexpensive (about $8) bicycle speedo/odo on the bike and it works fine. I will send the speedo assembly to Overseas in a bit for a repair. One can specify the mileage that the odo should indicate upon completion of the repair.
http://www.speedometer.com/page/services.html

Last edited:
+ 1 what mlytle said. If you have the ability to get to the gears to find the problem, you have the ability to replace them. Odometergears.com. Nice folks

+1 on Odometergears.com.

Sourced the replacements for my 85K100RT that needed a repair at 95K.

All 4 of the gears were included in the package for $85 + shipping (price a few years ago)

Just follow the instructions on the website and double check that you found all of the broken pieces so they don't cause a problem later.

Monte
85K100RT

Back