• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1976 R90/6 before and after

warkentin

1982 R100RS
Jan 2017 124.jpg063.jpg The first pic was taken early Jan 2017. Four months later restoration is complete. Every thing on this bike was repaired, replaced or refurbished. The last time I rode this bike was 1991 when I parked it in the barn and raising 4 children, working and farming took all my time and my beemer sat neglected for the last 26 years. Just could not bring myself to junk her so now she is on the road again looking and running as good as new.

Very nice! Am sure it brings back many memories!!
Roughly, how much did I cost you, if you don't mind
me asking?

I went into this project hoping for the best case and expecting the worst. Of course after 26 years of neglect the worst was what we got. My original budget was about $18000 which I know is likely more than twice the bikes value, but it was not about resale anyways. Parts that normally would be rebuilt had to be replaced All the parts were ordered from Germany and with our weak canadian dollar cost around $10000 still about 30% cheaper than BMW Canada. Painting, chrome work and powder coat was roughly $2600 and 250 hours labor put my end cost at roughly $23000. Had I known going in the final cost it probably never would have gotten done but now that it is done I have no regrets, the old girl had taken me over most of North America when I was in my 20s. Of course it could have been do cheaper but I wanted it done right and this bike will stay with me for the rest of my riding life:wave

Last edited:
Back