• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1150GS Horn Upgrade

moto479

Hello MOA,

I'm upgrading my stock "meep meep" roadrunner horn with a Fiamm Freeway Blaster. I'm 95% sure I'm about to do this correctly, but I wanted to run it by wiser minds:

1. Cut Brown (hot) and Green (ground) wires as close as possible to weird BMW connector at the horn.

2. Strip ends of hot/ground wires and crimp on the two spade connectors that came with the kit.

3. Bolt on horn, attach spade connectors, ride/honk at my discretion.

Am I missing anything or is it that easy? A picture is attached.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• 1150GS Horn Wire.jpg
    1150GS Horn Wire.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 83
I always like to leave some wire on a factory connector in case I need to reverse the procedure. Other than that, I have no advice on the horn swap. The swap is done frequently so someone will be along with more information.
OM

You can buy an adapter from Revzilla that plugs into the OEM connector and gives you two leads out for attaching to the horn. Makes for a reversible and much neater installation.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-wiring-adapter-bmw?sku_id=1165927

Best,
DeVern

Excellent suggestion DeVern and you even included a link to where he can buy the part. I much prefer clean installations like these and dread cutting in to a wiring harness, if it can be avoided. After seeing your post, I may do this upgrade also on my bike.

or you could get a horn for a BMW 5 series car and just plug it in. :)

BMW Horn, Low Pitch
Part Number 61-33-8-381-271

Back