• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1100RT Lowering Kits

R53hgd55

Has anybody got experience purchasing and installing a footpeg lowering kit on their 1100RT? My research turned up at least two companies that offer the kit: Verholen (Germany) and Suburban Machinery (Ohio). I'm concerned about the new relationship between the relocated pegs and the OEM shifter and brake pedals. Thanks.

To be honest, for me (as a mechanic) those things (and some of the sidestand feet) are usually just a huge PITA. The centerstand hits the footpegs, the sidestand sometimes interferes, you have to put one stand down before you can deploy the other, things just get in the way of each other. I can't imagine dealing with that on an ongoing basis like some owners do.

So, seek recommendations specifically addressing these issues when using a certain kit on a certain model bike before you decide.

I put Suburban's kit on my 1150RT. The controls all still work fine for me (11 1/2 boot). I do occasionally touch my toe on corners if I forget to get the balls of my feet on the pegs.
The pegs do seem easier on my old knees.

I have the suburban kit on my 1150RT and really like them. I initially thought I would need to adjust the brake and shifter, but after a few days I found like them better this way. It was easy to install, and the added clearance actually made it more comfortable. I out them on before riding to the national from NH last summer and especially for the money I think they are worth it.

Peg Lowering on 100rt

I put the suburban lowering kit in my '96 1100Rt. Fit easily without modification. I did adjust the shift lever and brake pedals a bit, which is easily done. The worst part was getting the peg return springs back in place. The first one took 15 minutes, the second one 5. I found it made a significant improvement in comfort for the long haul. Good luck.

Back