• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

battery charging

1. professorb

2021 R1250RT Battery Charging thru Accessory Port Issue

In case it matters... I had paid the big $$$ for the BMW Motorrad "smart" charger, and have used it religiously whenever the bike was not ridden regularly and all through the winter "wheels up" months. The charger looked like it was charging the battery, but I was surprised last summer when the...
  2. 2

Electric Gremlins 2016 R1200 RT Part 2

I posted several years ago on this topic and it has reappeared. Tried to go for a ride today and when I turned on the key, the dash went thru its usual start up but when I pushed the starter button absolutely nothing. I pulled the battery out and took it to the dealer and it tested bad. It had...
  3. radiofun1

Is this trickle charger safe for 2017 r1200rs?

I have been using this Battery Tender on my 2013 k13s for years with no problems. Any worries with using it on my new to me r120rs? https://www.batterytender.com/2-Bank-International-Charger-12V-1-25A-Each-Bank-USA-Western-Hemisphere
  4. J

Winter storage

Hello, I'm wondering what the general consensus is on storing a 2015 RT in an unheated storage unit for the winter.( I'm in Gunnison CO which has the distinction of being the coldest place in the nation at times.) This past winter I stored it in a garage with a trickle charger with no ill...
  5. M

Correct charger

What amp charger do I select to charge my new Odyssey PC680 battery? Will NOCO Genius 6/12 Volt, 3.5 Amp unit do the trick or should I use a lesser amp version?
  6. A

Jump Start Battery pack for C650GT Scooter

Can Anyone Suggest a Jump start battery pack that has the accessory wire harness like a battery tender to jump start a scooter? I have to park the scooter in a storage unit with no electric for a battery tender for a extended period of time. In the event of a dead battery I would like to be...
  7. N

charging battery via Hellla socket on 2015 R1200R

Hi, can the battery on a BMW 2015 R1200R be safely charged by connecting a battery tender to the bike's 12v powersocket output jack (DIN Hella socket)?
  8. R

Charging the Battery on a 2016 R1200GS?

I recently purchased a 2016 R1200GS. It is my first BMW. At the time of purchase, the salesman suggested I purchase a BMW Battery charger because I could plug it directly into the power socket on the right hand side of the "dashboard" whereas if I used my Optimate 6 to maintain the battery, I...
Back