• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

center stand

1. T

Center stand - R75/7 with deep oil pan

any suggestions on a centerstand after putting on a deep oil pan on my 77 r75///7?
  2. W

Center stand blues

I own a 2012 K 1600 GTl. By in large, I love the bike...........EXCEPT WHEN TRYING TO GET IT'S FAT A** ON THE CENTERSTAND. i AM 6'2" AND 230 LBS BUT i HAVE GIVEN UP TRYING TO GET IT ON THE CENTERSTAND AFTER NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS ALMOSE ENDED IN ME DROPPING THE BIKE. Any help/advice would be MUCH...
  3. weschmann

R nine T Center Stand

I just wanted to post some feedback on a center stand for any niner riders out there. I have a 18 R 9 Urban GS that I recently added a Wunderlich center stand to. Easy install, good instruction and so forth, but when finished I found I couldn’t get the bike to pop up on the stand as the angle...
  4. Y

New Ride!

Greetings All! I just purchased a beautiful F650GS and I’m so pumped I can hardly contain myself. It’s a perfect bike for me-I have been looking for awhile and I have a good friend who is a BMWMOA member and every time I mentioned a ride I saw on Craigslist he mentioned the MOA marketplace...
  5. R

New Owner, Problem with centerstand

I bought a 2013 G650GS a few days ago and am having trouble getting the bike onto the centerstand. It's been about five years since I last rode. The last bike I had was a 1992 K75RT. I had no problem lifting it, it did help that it had a lifting handle. The bike was bought from a KTM dealer...
  6. jagarra

Shortening the center stand

I bought another set of Wilbers for my RS, this time they are the -30mm models. I bought another set of stands to shorten as I wanted to keep a set of stock lengths and am in the process of shortening the side and center stand. . My question is to the riders that have shortened their center...
  7. M

K1600B Adding a Center Stand

I added the Center Stand to my Bagger last weekend. It took me about four hours because I had parts but no instructions. It was the first major work I have done on the bike, so I took more parts off the bike than I had to. After getting everything back together, I think the work could be done...
  8. K

'71 R75/5 Center Stand Identification

My bike appears to sit on what looks like an aftermarket center-stand. I must say I'm not terribly keen on it, and I'm starting to look around for a stockish replacement of the type that hold the front wheel off the ground, and that one can drive off. The current unit requires that the rider...
  9. wvpc

Centerstand spring install 012 RT

I've searched the forum with not alot of results so here goes. I recently lowered my RT with a new shorter set of shocks. Got the lowered sidestand on OK. Got the lowered centerstand on OK but....I cant get the darn centerstand spring back on. I have the cheapy Harbor Freight spring puller...
  10. M

center stand spring

I just changed my center stand with a shorter one, bike, 2008 1200RT, was lowered. The lubricant was dry so I used waterproof grease. The problem is how to reapply the spring? Ideas.
  11. B

Centerstand

An earlier post talked about getting a bike off the centerstand. My problem is getting the bike on the centerstand. I weigh 140 lbs (I lift weights and am in good condition) but I can't get the bike on the centerstand no matter how hard I pull, tug, lift..... I folllow instructions by standing...
Back