• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

lights

1. WalterK75

91 K75RT Replacing tail and brake light with LED

I'm thinking of replacing my tail light and brake light with red LEDs on my 1991 K75RT. The question is can I get a simple replacement bulb or will I have to add a resistor? I got the impression that some are simply plug and play. Has anyone done this and what LED lights were used?
  2. B

Seemingly Unusual Flasher Relay Issue

I have done quite a bit of googling trying to find info on this, but found only unrelated flasher timing issues instead, so here I am, joining BMWMOA: I flipped on the left turn signal, heard the slightest pop sound, and no left turn signal (front, rear, or idiot light indicator) has...
  3. Y

How do I Change Marker Lights - 2007 1200RT

Those two little lights above and outside the headlights are, I think, called marker lights. They have both gone out and I can't see how to change them. Anyone know? I have a 2007 R1200RT.
  4. modarin9

Looking for Help Wrenching

The riding season is just about here (for me at least) and I recently purchased a set of Denali D2 lights. I would like to install these on my 12GS myself but have limited mechanical experience especially anything electrical! Any pros out there willing to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon...
  5. G

Top Box Light

Has anyone installed brake lights in the red lens of the BMW top box? I wonder if there's room for a light strip in the lens. Update 8/22/14: I just saw a post with pics where a guy used Admore 1255RY lights to install into his C650GT BMW top box. I'm next. :)
  6. GILLY

Aux light bracket

I posted this on the Google+ site as well, I am sure I saw a pic of these mounts somewhere, otherwise I might make my own. I (thought) I saw mounts for the 650GT that went under the mirror bracket, can't locate online right now. Also loking for suggestions on the aux lights themselves, just...
  7. RBEmerson

LED panel lights - '03 K1200RS

At least one, and maybe two, lights have gone out on the gauges for my '03 K1200RS. Since I have to pull the tupperware to replace them, I might as well look into LED's for all 16(!) lamps. The part number is 62142306126 - 12V 3W T10 base. The big question is light output. I can find suitable...
  8. A

HID Conversion for a R1200 GS

Can somebody help me on the pros and cons of doing a HID upgrade to a 2012 R1200GS? Any good kits on the market? Thanks
  9. 1

Converting front signal lights to running lights on 91 K75

I have imported my 91 K75 from the US to Canada and in order to register the bike I need to convert the front signal flashers to running lights/flashers. Has anyone done this type of conversion and if so can you let me know how you went about it? The two approaches I was considering were: 1)...
Back