• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

input shaft

1. jhall

Transmission Spline Lube Task

Today, I prepared to lube the 1995 RT's splines tomorrow morning. Got some Dow Corning M77 grease on hand, and found the 27mm socket I'd had trimmed to fit the swing arm lock nuts 35-40 years ago. Will also address the t/o bearing, and maybe install the new cable I have on hand. Hopefully will...
  2. T

Output shaft on 1150 transmissions?

Can someone please explain to me why BMW has so much trouble with splines? On the old Airheads it was the final drive splines. On the 1150 oil heads it’s the transmission output splines. My bike has 30,000 on it and I baby the heck out of it. I don’t know if the output shaft splines are bad or...
  3. espressoforyou

1200GS input/output seals defective

2005 1200 GS with 41,000 miles. Below is the official BMW warranty print out of the warranty repair work done to my bike. Note the defect codes listed for each repair of the warranty repairs for my output shaft, transmission input shaft seal, Compensating shaft seal, new clutch, clutch...
  4. J

Spline Evaluation Request... (93 K75S)

For the Cognosenti (or the Teutonic Equivalent), what do you think about both the clutch hub and transmission input shaft splines? Yes, I have a reason to ask - I'd rather hear condition reports first before "explaining". ;)
Back