• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

basecamp

1. 88bmwjeff

Need Basecamp Tutorials

I've watched a few tutorials on Garmin's Basecamp on Youtube. I couldn't find anything on Garmin's site. I find this program to be the least intuitive program I've ever used. Can anyone recommend some good tutorials to watch? Help aids to download, etc. Edit: I looked at the previous...
  2. P

Navigator IV problem. Can anyone help?

I'm wondering if someone in this group can help me with a Navigator problem I'm having. I have a Navigator IV with latest software and map updates. I use latest version of Basecamp on my Macbook Pro. Latest version of US map. I've done all the Basecamp tutorials and when I create my route in...
  3. lkraus

Zumo & BaseCamp - What Goes Wrong and Why

This link should be saved and cherished by everyone who uses Basecamp with a recent Zumo or Navigator: https://issuu.com/jfheath/docs/zumo_590_and_basecamp_2017 "Cherished" might seem little strong, but not to those of us who have had to rely on trial and error to discover how Garmin expected...
  4. F

Garmin Zumo 396 / BaseCamp Route plotting Issue

So, I have my Garmin Zumo 396 set to "motorcycle" & "adventure" (supposed to promote off-highway riding), and I plot routes on Garmin's BaseCamp that specifically avoid highways. I download these routes to the Zumo, and all it wants to do is send me on the quickest route via highways! I...
  5. Furman

Basecamp & Nav V

I have been doing routes on Basecamp and downloading into my GPS for a while now, without much of an issue. But now I have one. Made my route on Basecamp (a little over 400 miles) I used 29 waypoints to make my route. Down loaded into BMW Navigator V. So far so good. Open trips on the Nav. V and...
  6. gsjay

Garmin Basecamp / GPS / Google Maps

is it just me or does anyone else HATE Basecamp? I can't figure it out at all...............total frustration! I'm not all the tech savory to begin with but this program is killing me! Does anyone know how to convert a google map to GPX? tks, Jason
  7. B

Results of Nav V Routes Experiment

In a different thread, I promised to do an experiment regarding: * creating routes in Basecamp, using a profile such as (Motorcycling, Fastest Time) and a second route using a profile such as (Motorcycling, Curvy Roads). This is a report of my findings. Creating the routes in Basecamp was more...
  8. cberry

Basecamp and NAV 5 Issues

I've 28000 miles on my 2015 GSA and still am uncomfortable with the NAV 5. Would one of you who are geeks please call...I have some simple questions? Call 321-258-1396 and we can arrange a convenient time to talk. I'm not getting the kind of help I need from forums.
  9. T

Best way to upload maps/trips to Garmin Navigator V?

My apologies if this is covered topic, but I'm wondering if there is a good way to map out a trip on an iPhone or other smart device and easily upload it to the Navigator V? I've played around with Smart Link and it seems you can only send 1 destination at a time, as opposed to a multi-city...
  10. N

Nav IV maps update questions.

Back in 2012 I got a Garmin Nav IV with the purchase of my new 2012 RT. Used it a few times during the first year, then I realized that I already knew how to get to where I was asking it to lead me. Put it away and forgot about it until now. I'm planning a 2500 mile round trip next month and...
  11. W

Basecamp for Garmin

So I downloaded this program but it does not have any streets. Do I have to buy the North America map in order to make routes in the US?
Back