• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

dyna iii

1. P

Dyna III install on R90/6

I just got the Dyna III electronic ignition kit for my '75 R90/6. I'm not impressed w/ the install instructions. Didn't see any real detailed Airhead instructions on line or you tube. Anyone got links or suggestions? Where is the best place to install the module?
  2. Y

Question for Dyna III Electronic Ignition Owners

I am contemplating getting this unit but I noticed the ground wire is suggested to be grounded to the engine case and not the frame. I am not sure I want a small gauge wire floating next to my heel when I ride. How did you handle this when you installed the Dyna?
  3. 1

R 100/7 new points or convert to electronic ignition

I have 1977 R 100/7 the points are bad bike came with five sets of points when I purchased but wrong points, so buy new points or convert to electronic ignition (I have a kit for that).
  4. B

Dyna III Ignition installation; lousy tech writers!?

Continuing the R90/6 rebuild/upgrade. Installed a Mac deep sump oil pan today and started on installing a Dyna III ignition. The problem I am am having is two fold however. First, the installation instructions concerning installing the "donut" on the stock advance mechanism appears to be too...
  5. T

Dynatek Dyna III Electronic Ignition Systems

Has anyone installed Dynatek Dyna III Electronic Ignition Systems D35-1 on their bike. I am thinking of installing it on my 1975 R90/6 but would like to hear some input and or Thoughts from someone who has it. Thanks.
  6. b25bsaboy

Dyna III Electronic Ignition - Wiring Schematic

Good Evening, I bought a R90/6 engine last weekend site UN seen (first time I ever done that!). Drove a total of 1700 km to retrieve it and after power washing it, I am starting to stripping it to clean, as it has been sitting for about ten years which has collected dirt, grim and neglect of...
  7. K

Dyna III ignition install problems 90/6

I decided to swap out the Dyna Ignition booster and mechanical points for the Dyna III. The bike was running fine with the ignition booster. However, I cannot get the bike to start with the DYna III. I've verified the coil resistance at 3.0 ohm. I've pulled the plugs and visually verified...
  8. T

Is the DYNA lll electronic ignition for R90/6 a good thing.

Wondering if any airheads out there using the Dyna lll electronic ignition, and are they happy with it? Was it easy to install, how durable are they, and how much maintenance do they need, if any? And after I adjusted my jets, I don't top out at 76 no more. Thanks.
Back