• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

odyssey charging

1. J

Winter storage

Hello, I'm wondering what the general consensus is on storing a 2015 RT in an unheated storage unit for the winter.( I'm in Gunnison CO which has the distinction of being the coldest place in the nation at times.) This past winter I stored it in a garage with a trickle charger with no ill...
  2. roger 04 rt

Starter or Battery Redux

Back when I had my red ‘04RT (miss that bike), I spent a lot of time working out what it takes to get a dual-spark Oilhead to start in less than a second when cold: https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?70495-Starter-or-Battery-2004-R1150RT . Bedsides the usual suspects (fuel, compression and...
  3. A

Brutal Starting Issue- 1983 R80 GS

Hi folks, I'm a Nor'easter and it's just starting to really get cold. My 1983 R80 GS is in the garage and I've been working on it slowly. Last week, after a particularly cold evening with no tender on it, I went to start it in the morning and it wouldn't turn over, the ignition just started...
  4. K

08 R1200RT won't start

I just put the battery in the bike, getting it ready for my first ride of the season tomorrow. Like most places in North America, it's been a long cold winter here. I installed it like I always do, turned the key, let it go through it's check cycle, and when I press the starter, I'll I'm getting...
Back