• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1. K

New From the Tampa Bay area

Just joined today, have a 2024 R1250RS on order, should be in around first week of Jan. Last bike was a 2006 Honda RC-51, been riding for around 30 years and recently fell for the BMW's. Wanting to tap into the vast experience here in this group with my new favorite machine.
  2. K

New Member, 1ST BMW - Bloomington, IN

Hi, New member. Picked up my new to me 2016 R1200RT at the beginning of July. Still taking it easy with getting used to it. Largest bike I've ever ridden. Man is it smooth on the highway....(wait, I'm doing 80 already? what?) Before that I've ridden occasionally on an older Honda...
  3. G

New member again !!!

Hello MOA, I joined briefly in 2020 when I purchased my 2005 R1200GS, unfortunately I let that membership lapse. A friend encouraged me to ride the measly 300 miles to attend my first National Rally. Well, that was the longest one way motorcycle ride I’ve ever taken - 1,300 miles later - I’m...
  4. E

New member. Hello from Huntsville

Hello, my name is Eric. My wife/riding partner of 30 years is Melanie. I'm originally from Wisconsin, she from Colorado, but we have lived all over the place until finally settling in northern Alabama for the past 11 years. Back in the day (early 90's) I rode a K100LT, then inherited a GL1800...
  5. C

New airhead member north of Denver, CO

Hey everyone, excited to join. I've been sleeping on this for a while, so apologies and good tidings. I've been riding for almost a decade now and only know bikes I need to tinker on (thanks to my friends that got me into this). Currently wrenching in north Boulder on a '78 R100RS (in...
  6. F

New Member - 1975 R90S owner

Greetings, everyone! I have joined the MOA in search of a better perspective regarding the value of my R90S. I’ve owned the bike since 1996, having purchased it from its original owner. The bike was purchased new from San Jose BMW. My journey with this bike started with motorcycle-shaped tarp...
  7. HansenRT

New Member, Anderson South Carolina, 2018 R1200RT

Hello All! Over the past couple of years I have been keeping my eye out for a lightly used good condition Honda Goldwing (Honda brand loyalty). However, I have also been looking at the BMW K1600GT or BMW R1200RT. I have not ridden a Honda GL or a BMW K1600, but I have ridden the R1200RT...
  8. M

Just registered

Hello, Long time BMW rider, currently on '18 R1200R, first one a '59 R50/2, with a few in between. San Francisco Bay Area native, old-ish, retired , hoping to ride until they scrape me off the road for the last time. Soon to be more liberated from Covid-Noia when I get the 2nd jab, and will be...
  9. F

Greetings from Eaton Rapids Michigan

Happy to be part of the BMW community once again. I rode a K1200RS for a number of years in the early 2000's but gave it up when my hips went bad. The hips are new and working well so I've picked up a bit of a project in a 1983 R65 that is running but needs some TLC. I've just now started...
  10. M

A warm hello to all from British Columbia, Canada!

Hello All! Turns out I signed up for this forum in 2015, then forgot all about it...lol. So time for an introduction: Grew up in The Netherlands and since 2007 live in western Canada (BC) which is great motorcycle riding country as many of you know. I own a 2005 F650 GS on which I clocked...
  11. J

New to Forum from Western Washington

Hello! I've owned BMWs since 2012, but this is my first foray onto the MOA Forums. I ride a 2016 F700GS, and my husband rides a 2003 K1200ST -- his bike just turned over 100,000 miles yesterday. I live near Seattle, so can ride pretty much year round. Jan
  12. D

Long time BMW owner, first time member

So I purchased a new R1200GS in November after owning several used BMWs - an 1974 R90/6 then a 2001 R1100RT not to mention my Dad's 1968 Triumph Bonneville. I've always wanted a GS so last year I decided to sell the Triumph to my twin brother and ship it back to PA and also sell the R1100RT. It...
  13. A

new member in Door County, Wisconsin

Hello everybody, this is my first post. I hope it works correctly... I just renewed my membership with BMW MOA for the first time in 25 years. Yep, I used to be a member in the early 1990s when I lived in San Francisco and owned 2 K100s and an R75/5. Back in those days I was obsessed with long...
  14. B

New Member of MOA

My name is Brian. I just joined MOA although I've been a member of ABC for a couple of years. I have a 1971 R60/5 and a 1978 R100S. I also have a 2013 Harley-Davidson Dyna SwitchBack FLD, but don't hold that against me. I'm evolving from Harleys to Beemers Both of the Air Heads were my Dad's. I...
  15. T

New Member: Glad to be here!

By way of introduction: I know nothing about forums so I'll read the tips and hints before getting in over my head. Generally, my life has been about motorcycling since I was 6 and my father gave me a home-built lawnmower motorcycle scaled to fit. Since then I've logged (yeah... my father got me...
  16. S

New BMWMOA member - VT and Costa Rica

Hello fellow BMW owners! Live in both Vermont and Costa Rica. My F650GS in in Vermont. I did ride it on Christmas Day this year and took a pic of myself in front of Okemo Ski Resort - with the lifts running! Looking forward to meeting other BMW owners and swapping stories (I am also a sailor...
  17. M

Just introducing myself

On June 2nd 2015, I purchased my first BMW. A 2001 BMW R1100RL. I so far love this bike and hope to put on lots of mileage as the years go by. I am 50 years old and teach Korean Martial Arts (Cheezic Tang Soo Do). I do seem to have a problem with the bike. Every time I get to the bottom of my...
  18. 8

Got my RT back!

Hey there MOA'ers, I just bought a 99RT from a friend in Minneapolis, and rode it back to West Linn, OR. In 3 days. Yeah, I'm crazy. But 1800 miles in 3 days is an accomplishment, for me at least. I actually put 600 miles on her before I left MN, mostly to get my riding chops back, since I...
  19. O

New member from Oklahoma

Hi all...new member here from Oklahoma. Im also new to BMW motorcycles. I bought a 2005 R1200GS a couple of months ago... after much prodding and encouragement from best bud! Thanks Hozer! ....it is quite an upgrade from my KLR. So far so good...Im really loving the GS!!! :drink
  20. H

Newby From Northern,BC

Hello all.. I apologize if this is a bit long winded.... Just joined up and I am sooo excited to be here and becoming a member. Why did I sign up? I have been riding bikes since I was 12, starting with a Honda 50 Minibike. Graduated to a Yamaha 175 enduro when I was 17. Got my first BMW in 1978...
Back