• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

battery failure

1. B

2011 R1200RT - Scary Red Triangle with Battery Symbol

So I’m riding along minding my own business when suddenly the red triangle pops up on my display scaring me half to death so I pull over at the dealer who does my oil changes, tires, etc...(not a factory Motorrad dealer) and leave the bike with them. I was scheduled for an oil change and a...
  2. A

Brutal Starting Issue- 1983 R80 GS

Hi folks, I'm a Nor'easter and it's just starting to really get cold. My 1983 R80 GS is in the garage and I've been working on it slowly. Last week, after a particularly cold evening with no tender on it, I went to start it in the morning and it wouldn't turn over, the ignition just started...
  3. O

02 K1200RS Brake Failure

When I left for my ride today.. It took longer than normal for my brake failure light to shut off. I unknowingly rode down the road with no brakes. When I slowed to a stop... The brakes kicked in. I went for my ride with no problems. After I returned and shut the bike off as I was at a friends...
  4. R

Breakdown Procedures

How does one go about obtaining roadside assistance? Bike will not start, stored safely for the night, and obtained a lift home. Need to get the bike to a dealership, not under warranty. Bad day at black rock. Or in my case Deepcreek road.BC, Stopped for a cold drink, bike (f700gs) would...
  5. A

Battery Question R1200GS

Good Morning-Forgive any unintended slurs, faux pas, or errors from an inexperienced poster... I wonder how long the battery will last unattended and ignored on my '15 R1200 GSA? Does anyone have any experience? Ideally, I would leave it on a battery tender when the weather here in SLC does...
  6. R

2015 RTW Battery Issue

So, 4 weeks ago, my 2015 RTW was starting and running fine. Parked it in the garage, placed it on the BMW Battery Charger (77 02 8 551 897) as I've been doing for the past 2 years when I don't anticipate riding it for awhile. Today, I had to move the bike to do some work in the garage, and got...
  7. 20774

Is my battery bad?

Background: I replaced the battery on my /7 in January with another BMW wet-cell battery...replaced because it was time and the older BMW battery was beginning to give me the "signs". I've always been a wet-cell kind of guy...they've served me well. I brought the battery up to full charge...
  8. chrisabraham

Dead Battery or Fried Alternator on my '95 K1100LT?

Last week, I ran by new battery out by forgetting my key in the bike, lights and everything else on. Tried to roll start her. Nope. Trickle charged at deep cycle, 2AMP, and no real take in the time I had. Tried to jump using the trickle charger when I ran out of time using the 55AMP jump...
  9. Omega Man

My battery died yesterday...

My battery died yesterday, and it went down with a vengeance. :banghead I have a lot of experience with batteries-probably have 17 in service at the present time, but this experience was new. I rode the 2009 F800GS the 3.5 miles to the Post Office, was in and out in 2 minutes and it was over. I...
Back