• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

g650gs

1. S

Manual for 2012 Sertao

Anyone recommend a manual for the 2012 Sertao? I can't find anything anywhere. Any support would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ewebbinaro

Best Skid Plate / Engine Guard for G650GS?

I'm struggling to find an example that looks like it will actually protect anything. BMW Motorrads aluminum pan is a joke, even they dont advice for heavy use. SW-Motech has a one llooks nice, and I'm leaning that way...
  3. T

Repair manual suggestions

Hello gang! I know that this info may be somewhere hiding in this site but can't seem to locate too quickly so I am asking . I am new to owning a BMW and love doing things for myself and not relying on paying someone to do it for me. Where is the best or what is the recommended repair manual...
  4. J

New Owner, surging erratic idle issue

Hi all, Just recently bought a 2014 g650gs Sertao w/4400 miles on it from a private seller. Ran great when I checked it out. Ran great for about 100 miles, then I noticed it surging a bit and idling erratically--varies between about 1,000 and 2,200 rpm when sitting at a stop. A few times I've...
  5. travisgill

"Left to Live" - A 23-Day Motorcycle Adventure Around UK and Ireland...

Background story: We are two Americans, in our mid-forties, empty-nesters, who are currently living and working in Germany. We both love to travel and when an opportunity came up last year to move here, we jumped on it. Like most of you all, we still work. Although Europeans do have more...
  6. R

2013 G650GS locked compartment cover

A few months ago while riding home I lost the locked cover (behind my seat) on my 2013 G650GS after going over a railroad track. I don't know why or how it came loose but it fell and broke in a couple of large pieces. I turned around to pick it up and I had high hopes that I could fix it...until...
  7. travisgill

Iceland and Faroe Islands - Bridge Between Continents...

18 days in Iceland 8 days in the Faroe Islands Background story: Empty-nesters. Our two kids have moved out of the nest. For the first time, in the last 24 years, it’s just the two of us. Just my wife, Chantil, and me, Travis. We're just a normal 45-year-old couple scratching our heads and...
  8. J

Just trying to make sure I am not insane.

So I was out riding yesterday, not too far from home ~15 miles or so. Came to a stop at a gas station to grab a bottle of water. Started the bike up (2014 G650GS) and it stalled immediately. The bike has done this to me a couple of times since I have purchased it and I have read up on the issue...
  9. kurtzinpa

Sertao Owners?

I have a 2012 G650GS Sertao. Would like to share tips and wiring diagrams with others. Should this be a post or a group? Here is link to newly added fuse block and 12V outlet. Seems like there is nospace to install extras...
  10. 1

Aftermarket seats for G650GS

Has anyone replaced the seat on their G650GS? I bought mine (2011) in the fall last year, and am finally getting into gear riding to work every day with it and boy, does my lower back hurt. Not kidneys but a spot right in the center of my lower back. Very painful when I get home from my ride so...
Back