• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

engine noise

1. X

2006 f650gs date of mfg 11/05

2006 f650gs engine noise Hello all! I recently purchased a used 2006 F650GS (date of mfg 11/05) from the original owner with 9,800 miles. I've now noticed and engine noise/knock. It could have been there previously as my test ride was very short. This occurs at 2500 through 3500 rpm, under...
  2. B

2002 R1150R overheating and bad engine clatter

Hi all! I'm new to the forum as well to my recent purchase of a '02 r1150r oilhead and although I have been up on 2 wheels for 35 yrs, this is my 1st bmw oilhead. I love the way it handles and rides however I'm having an overheating and engine clatter problem. Stuck in traffic yesterday morning...
  3. B

Rambo

Hello everyone! I'm new to the community and although I have been up on 2 wheels for 35 yrs now, I have recently purchased a 2002 R1150R with 45k on it. The bike is extremely comfortable and handles like a dream. I got caught in a traffic jam yesterday morning and while idling for about 5...
  4. D

2001 K1200 RS engine noise - how to know what's "normal"?

In December (2018), the last days before permanent snow here in Maine, I acquired a 2001 K12RS with 90k miles. I had owned airheads in the 80's and 90's (1983 R80GS and 1988 R100GS) (and Hondas and Kawasakis before that), and have recently gotten the urge to get on the road again. It's in...
  5. F

Valve adjustment, then ticking — '00 R1100RS

Did my own valve adjustment a few weeks prior to a long trip (Lake Michigan Circle Tour), and next day took it for a long (320 mile) ride for a shakedown. As I returned home, did 20–30 minutes at 90 — just keeping up with traffic. Once off the highway and taking the "normal" streets home...
Back