• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

lock cylinder

1. qbrodie

49L Top Case Lock Cylinder Removal

This is a unique problem that I’m hoping someone might have an answer for. I purchased a top case from a 2016 R1200RT, unlocked, with no key. I need to get the lock cylinder out so it can be re-keyed to my 2015 R1200RT. It’s a difficult task that is made more problematic by the fact that BMW...
  2. tonyt0906

Lock Cylinder

A buddy of mine is selling me his 49L top box, I have a 28L. Can I simply swap out the lock cylinder, or does the 49L case take a different one? TIA Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. L

New 49 L top case, how to remove lock Cylinder ?

Hello All, I am a proud owner of a 2019 r1250rt at time of purchase I didn’t want to pay the exorbitant price for the fancy top case. I Have been looking online for a used one for sale and found one in fantastic condition from a 2018 1200rt with just about the same color. Here’s my...
  4. L

'03 K1200GT Key stuck in lock cylinder

I just got a new lock cylinder for my system case on my '03 K1200GT. I followed BMW instructions to match the new lock to my existing key. Instructions end with "Performance test". The key works--lock opens and closes fine. Thought I was done, but found the key would not come out of the lock...
  5. glenfiddich

Swapping GSA pannier locks

I recently moved the sidecar from a 2010 GSA to a 2012. I’d like the 2010 panniers and topcase (with all my stickers and reflective tape) to go onto the new bike as well. There are several threads on rekeying, but they’re pretty old and the links to pictorials don’t work anymore. From the...
  6. G

1994 K75 Lock cylinder

Yesterday I fired up the K for the first ride of what is turning into Spring in northern VA. I tried opening the right side saddle case. The whole cylinder came out. The same key operates ignition and all the locks. My question is, what can I do about this cylinder, walking out of its housing...
Back