• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

fuel leak

1. S

2009 K1300GT - Safety Recall - 20V-471: Fuel Pump

I recently received a safety recall notification from BMW which reads in part: ..."BMW AG has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model year 2005-2011 BMW R1200, K1200/1300/1600, S1000RR and HP2 motorcycles. Our records indicate that you are the...
  2. F

Fuel smell after hard acceleration 2014 R1200RT

I get a very noticeable gas odor after a hard acceleration. I mentioned this to the dealer and they are not sure what could cause this. Anyone else experience this?
  3. Tebpac

2005 R1200GS Fuel Leak...

Started smelling gas today when I started up my GS. After investigating, I found it's coming from the quick connect attachment at the fuel pump. I had a leak on the opposite side quick connect but fixed it with replacing the "O" ring on the quick connect. I tried that today with no luck. Fuel...
  4. 6

07 R1200 GS Adventure: Fuel Leak at Quick Disconnect!

Discovered this weekend that I had a fuel leak on the left upper side of the tank at the Quick Disconnect on my 07 R1200GSA. Appears to be some cracking around that area. Did not discover the issue until I got a fuel warning light and I decided to bring the GSA home directly. I noticed the...
Back