• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

brake light

1. I

Installing Auxiliary Brake Light on 2023 R1250GSA - How to Run the Wires

I purchased an auxiliary Denali brake light to put on my GSA. The brake light fits below the license plate using the lower license plate bolts. I need to run the wire from the auxiliary brake light up to the CanSmart I've installed under the rear seat. However, there is no gap or hole under the...
  2. WalterK75

91 K75RT Replacing tail and brake light with LED

I'm thinking of replacing my tail light and brake light with red LEDs on my 1991 K75RT. The question is can I get a simple replacement bulb or will I have to add a resistor? I got the impression that some are simply plug and play. Has anyone done this and what LED lights were used?
  3. M

2015 R1200RT - DIY Small Top Case & Side Case LED Run/Brake/Turn Signal Lights

Hello fellow RT'ers. I don't know about you, but I was not happy with the amount of light on the back of my 15' RT. Don't get me wrong, I do like the LED tailight, but I wanted MORE - a full "triangle" of light which incorporated the top case and side cases! I'm pretty happy with my results -...
  4. B

F700GS brake light wire colors

I recently purchased a 2014 F700GS and want to install Hyper-Lite brake lights. Can anyone tell me the color and function of the brake light wires that I will have to tap into. Thanks in advance. (New MOA member) :wave
  5. bryang5150

Installation Clearwater Billie Brake Light

I just got the Billie brake light from UPS today and looking at the installation instructions. It looks pretty straightfoward to install, mount the license plate, feed the wire through the tail and connect to the CANopener. On another forum someone mentioned that the hole in the tail light was...
  6. M

Canadian Brake light wiring on 2010 R1200RT

I?m a Canadian with a Canadian R1200 RT (2010) Canbus version, attempting to install a high conspicuity supplemental brake like assembly purchased from a US BMW aftermarket supplier & BMW dealer. My Canadian BMW dealer service tech could not get the light assembly working....after calls to BMW...
  7. C

PULSATING BRAKE LIGHT CONTROLLER wiring

Does anyone have experience with one of these? They mount inline and cause the brake light to flash four times before staying constant. It has an in connector, an out connector and a ground. I seem to have identified the wire on my 2008 R1200RT that controls the brake light (blue/purple striped...
  8. A

r90 Rear Brake Light - Always on

My brake light indicator came on when I was riding home last night, checked the brake light and it is constantly on - as though I'm always braking. I did a little searching to see what was wrong, I pulled the lead off of the brake light switch on the main cylinder - the rear brake light is...
  9. B

Wiring a Knight Riderz to 2007 R1200RT

I installed a Knight Riderz on a 2007 R1200RT and have it wired as follows. I connected a relay in line so the power comes off the aux rear power plug, use the aux ground as well, aux power runs the tail lights, the tail/brake wire triggers the relay to send 12v to the brake side of the Knight...
  10. Omega Man

F800gs brake light enhancement-Anyone done it?

I was thinking of some sort of brake light enhancement for better visibility on my 09F800gs. I have been looking around and the usual places haven't seem to have done it for my bike. I would just as soon have a direct replacement for what is there but if the mounting was neat I could go with an...
Back