• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

heated grips

1. cam_on_van_isle

98 R1100r heated grips only work on low

Hello, My OEM heated grips are only working on low. I am getting around 6 ohms on both pairs of brown/black wires under the tank. I assume since the low and high circuits use the same wiring, the fault must be the switch...? Also, I have heard the switch is serviceable, at least can be taken...
  2. jhall

OEM Grips, Heated

I plan to replace the factory heated grips with aftermarket ones. The main reason is so I can install bar end weights, which are needed to anchor the, "Knuckle Warmers" which are similar to Hippo Hands. Though the air is minimal blowing on the hands, the Knuckle Warmers make a significant...
  3. B

2000 R110R factory heated grips: half-way there?

Hello everyone, while performing annual maintenance and replacing the bar-ends on my 2000 R1100R (it had chromed ones that were peeling so picked up a pair of used standard black ones from Beemer Boneyard) I made what I think is an interesting discovery. The grips are wired so I'm assuming...
  4. brian_pnw

heated grips and seat stopped working - good battery and voltage

2009 K1300GT They both stopped the last day (and coldest right!?) of a 9 day trip after riding for 90 minutes at 5k rpm. I was using the heated grips at #2 position and seat at #1. I was using a heated vest as connected directly to the battery (not the accessory plug). They both worked fine...
  5. L

R100GS Heated Grips

How hot are these things supposed to get?? I can put them on high for a while and they do get hot. To my bare hands they feel very warm but not uncomfortably hot like modern heated grips that I have. They also don't penetrate heavy gloves too great. Any observations from experience will...
  6. cam_on_van_isle

98 R1100R heated grip switch

Hello, My heated grips work on low and on high, but they do not get very hot. I have checked the fuse connection, the white connection under the tank, and the alternator puts out 13.93V at 2000 rpm. I would like to check the connection on the switch. It was straightforward to remove the chrome...
  7. C

Throttle lock for r1200r, 07 with heated grips?

Need your help! What is the best throttle lock that will not interfere with my heated grips? I have used the locks on other brands over the years and understand the danger. These are only used on long highway trips to give my right hand a break. Thanks Charlie
  8. C

Routing wires for heated grips on 2004 R850R - help needed

Hi, First time poster and New member so be gentle! :) I have a 2004 R850R that came without heated grips. As luck would have it I found a useable right hand side combination switch and two functioning heated grips on Ebay which I purchased. Replacing the combination switch would be rather...
  9. B

Heated Grips just lukewarm not really hot

There is a thread I have commented on and followed on ADVRIDER about the heated grips on my 2014 GSA LC heated grips getting lukewarm and not really hot.. There have been a lot of comments on maybe an ecu issue etc. Went to my dealer and service writer said "several well really more than have...
Back