• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

maintenance

1. 1

Shop Manual for the R1250GS Adventure ?

Hi there, I’m trying desperately to find a shop manual for my 2021 R1250GSA. My local dealer (Ottawa, ON) has screwed me over for the last time and long story short… I guess I’m going to have to do my own service going forward. Doesn’t matter if I void the warranty at this point, there are no...
  2. S

Maintenance Lift / Jack

I'm looking to purchase a lift/jack to perform maintenance on the motorcycle (2021 G 310 GS). In the past, I've lifted bikes from the oil pan. It appears all I need to do is remove the skid plate and 4 rubber bushings. The primary purpose for the lift/jack will be for maintenance and access to...
  3. S

Smaller Rear Sprocket G310GS 2021

I want to replace the OEM rear sprocket with a smaller sized unit. Any recommendations as well as feedback from members who have performed this change would be greatly appreciated. I utilize the bike (100%) to commute. No trails, no twisties, no show. I want to take advantage of the re-gear for...
  4. J

Stored 1987 k75s maintenance task list advice

Hello all - Picking up 1986 K75s (stored at least two years maybe 10) on Saturday and wondering if you don't mind providing a short/minimal/smart/effective/ordered maintenance list for a stored bike such as this. I have seen maintenance lists but I am wondering for a stored bike if it is...
  5. G

New Owner - Chain Maintenance Questions

I am a proud new owner of a 2020 F850GS. I am in the process of building up my supply of general maintenance items in the garage, and wondering what chain lube to use? There are so many options, how can I decide which is the right one? Thanks for your help!
  6. A

S1000XR Maintenance

My 2017 GS died last week and I'm thinking about an XR. Can anyone tell me what the 12,000 mile service cost is? Thanks Depressed in Salt Lake City
  7. R

R1200C Front Brake Master Cylinder hard to find

I have a 1998 R1200C in need of a Front Brake Master Cylinder. Been on back order from the local dealer for 3 weeks with no idea of a ship date. Any thoughts on options would be well received.
  8. V

Wheel cleaning gizmo

So I've owned my latest R1200RT (2014) for a little over two years and have added about forty-thousand kilometers to her. What a great machine! There are very few times I don't arrive home and smile slightly as I remind myself what a fantastic job the "enginerds" in Bavaria have pulled off...
  9. T

Brand new ‘91 K75 (with 87,000 miles on it)

Hello, I am a new BMW owner, having recently purchased a ‘91 K75 with 87,000miles on the odometer. It seems to run great, far smoother than my previous two bikes. The previous, and second, owner seemed to be rather meticulous about caring for it, but any vehicle needs special attention when the...
  10. tishgold

Lift Points For Hydraulic Jack

Trying to lift bike for some maintenance using a hydraulic lift. Where are the points where the bike sits best on the table?
  11. Grover

Valve job past the 6k mark??

I have passed my 6000 mile valve adjustment by 400 miles. I did get to the oil though. However, I won't be able to do the valve and tbs before I ride to Heber, AZ. About 300 miles to get there, 300 return, plus whatever riding I do there. Now, I have seen that some heavy touring riders don't...
Back