• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

horn upgrade

1. M

1150GS Horn Upgrade

Hello MOA, I'm upgrading my stock "meep meep" roadrunner horn with a Fiamm Freeway Blaster. I'm 95% sure I'm about to do this correctly, but I wanted to run it by wiser minds: 1. Cut Brown (hot) and Green (ground) wires as close as possible to weird BMW connector at the horn. 2. Strip ends...
  2. gsinnc

Question RE: 5 Series Horn on R1250RS

I have installed the BMW 5-Series Car horn on both my GS and RT and love it. So easy. I have 2 buddies who are new RS owners and I suggested the same horn upgrade to them but wanted to check if anyone else has done this on an RS?? Thanks in advance.
  3. captainmarko

Mini-Banshee horn. Anybody out there used it?

https://screaming-banshee.com/products/mini-banshee-horn-for-bmw I'm looking at installing this. It is ostensibly plug-and-play. Any users to verify?
  4. T

Two for One Quick Cheap Easy Horn Upgrade

It is no secret the horns on these bikes are pathetic. I found a quick cheap easy solution. I bought a new pair of BMW 535 horns, HELLA 012010881 Black 12V BX Trumpet Horn Kit. The kit includes a pair of horns with one rated 400Hz and a second rated 500Hz. The set of horns on Amazon cost...
  5. K

voltage draw on stock 2014 R1200RT? "meep meep"

In the process of upgrading the pitiful stock horn on a 2014 R1200RT to a Denali Soundbomb mini from Twisted Throttle. Denali rates the Sfoundbomb mini @ 6 amps Anyone know the amps draw on a 2014 R1200RT stock horn? Stock Horn Nomenclature: Clarton Horn 00.1163 70/388.1163 Made in...
  6. beemer01

I need to upgrade the pathetic factory horn

So my bike is a 14 GS with the two wire connector to the factory horn. I bought the ‘canbus friendly’ Denali sound bomb, with their Bmw wiring adaptor. It’s actually not canbus friendly and trips the canbus circuit when I use it. Can someone refer me to a wiring schematic for installing a relay...
Back