• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

garmin

1. C

NAV VI Erase all user data?

I received a replacement Nav VI because of the issues with ghosting, spinning, and jumping screens. I just updated the new unit, and when it starts up, I get a screen that says, "Erase all user data?" YES, NO buttons. The buttons don't do anything. Since this happens at start up I can't perform...
  2. D

Move Garmin BaseMap From C:/ To Elsewhere including Thumb Drive

If you want to move the Garmin basemap from the C:/ partition where Garmin Express auto installs it so you can use it off a thumb drive or just hate having it in the C:/ partition and want it somewhere else on your hard drive, here are the definitive instructions...
  3. P

Navigator IV problem. Can anyone help?

I'm wondering if someone in this group can help me with a Navigator problem I'm having. I have a Navigator IV with latest software and map updates. I use latest version of Basecamp on my Macbook Pro. Latest version of US map. I've done all the Basecamp tutorials and when I create my route in...
  4. M

Navigator 6: Tracker Feature. Discontinued?

Anyone know how to use the tracker feature on the Nav6? The manual seems very vague and suggests to download the “Tracker App”. That app has a link on Garmin’s website, but isn’t available to download in the iOS or Google app stores.
  5. J

NAV 5 looses power while riding

Hello, I bought a GTL last year and the seller told me the GPS worked most of the time. Well I works at times. When it works it works well. unfortunately it no longer works most of the time. It works 10% of the time. I got a clue last week it was working and a message that it lost connection...
  6. brian_pnw

Wonder Wheel for the rest of us!?

Before I found my “perfect” bike (2009 K1300GT) I owned a 2015 1200GS and a 2019 K1600GTL. I really loved the interaction with my GS (less functional on the newer GTL for some reason) and the Navi VI/V. I never realized how the Wonder Wheel made using the Garmin such a great tool until I was...
  7. Boxflyer

macOS Catalina issues with Garmin Nav devices DATA ACCESS

Recently, (10/10/19) I upgraded my MacBook Pro (Mid 2015) to macOS Catalina 10.15 I was adapting to lots of slight differences in the operating system, but the one that caused me troubles was accessing my Garmin Nav VI in both Garmin Express and Garmin BaseCamp. When apps/devices that could be...
  8. M

Pairing Airpods with K1600GT XM Radio

I was able to get the Garmin NAV to pair with my Airpods, but when I pair the bike and XM radio itself, it plays at maximum volume and disables the left grip menu controller from adjusting the volume. As the Airpods don't have a native volume controller, I'm uncertain if this application will...
  9. F

Garmin Zumo 396 / BaseCamp Route plotting Issue

So, I have my Garmin Zumo 396 set to "motorcycle" & "adventure" (supposed to promote off-highway riding), and I plot routes on Garmin's BaseCamp that specifically avoid highways. I download these routes to the Zumo, and all it wants to do is send me on the quickest route via highways! I...
  10. B

BMW Nav VI

I have several routes on my GPS and sometimes when I'm out riding and decide I went to get on one of the routes and I am not near the beginning I see no way to do it. It shows me 3 options near the beginning. Anyone know of a way around this? I did not have this problem with my Garmin 660.
  11. mylanc

Zumo 595 Issues? Questions and Solutions

I'm finishing my first week owning a Garmin Zumo 595LM paired with an iPhone 6 and Sena 20S. Let's just say that the honeymoon has been rocky. I've been traveling in Quebec last week and this week around the Gaspe Peninsula up from Maine (great trip - perhaps details in another post!). I've had...
  12. Grover

2005 R1200GS Garmin GPS 2820 Powering on and off - Canbus issue?

Recently I added a Garmin 2820 to the bike using the GARMIN StreetPilot 2820 GPS DATA BMW Amplifier Harness Kit Cable. This attaches just below the handlebars to a white pin connector. The GPS powered up and I was ecstatic. The GPS then powered off after about three minutes, stayed off for a few...
  13. ExGMan

New Map Update - Navigator V

Garmin has a new North America map update today available through Garmin Express software.
  14. J

Anyone try adding memory to Nav V?

I added a sony 16GB microcard to my Nav V - Best Buy assured m it would work - and it made the screen go funny, it kept shutting down, and Garmin Express wouldn't recognise the device. Fortunately all was well when I removed the card. Anyone have better luck?
  15. greenwald

GARMIN Hotline Experience

Having acquired a new GPS for my personal vehicle (Nuvi 55 LM - the 'LM' stands for "Lifetime Maps"), I logged on to Garmin Express, the new site for managing your registered Garmin devices. I had a seamless download of the latest software and the newest version of maps for North America...
  16. deilenberger

Navigator-IV locking up?

Doofus, the NAV-IV, started misbehaving when about 20 miles from the Intergalactic Headquarters of Garmin International, in Kansas. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find that out because (1) I was headed to Engel's in Kansas City for an emergency repair (2) Doofus wasn't responding to anything -...
  17. N

Nav IV maps update questions.

Back in 2012 I got a Garmin Nav IV with the purchase of my new 2012 RT. Used it a few times during the first year, then I realized that I already knew how to get to where I was asking it to lead me. Put it away and forgot about it until now. I'm planning a 2500 mile round trip next month and...
  18. W

Basecamp for Garmin

So I downloaded this program but it does not have any streets. Do I have to buy the North America map in order to make routes in the US?
  19. V

Don't buy GARMIN....until you read this...

The short version: DO NOT BUY GARMIN GPS ? Garmin?s MapUpdater wiped out my GPS, and now Garmin won?t fix it. Garmin response to Customer Service is as bad as any I?ve ever experienced. The long version with all the (gory) details: I have a Garmin StreetPilot 2820, the forerunner to the Zumo...
  20. D

Navigator IV GPS microSD card requirements/limits?

Anyone know what the requirements or limits for the add on microSD card for the Navigator IV GPS. Is there a maximum size you can use? is there a minimum or maximum class that one can use? Thanks
Back