• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

fuel strip

1. W

Fuel float for 2009 r1200rt ? Replacement of strip

Has anyone come up with an alternative to the fuel strip, old style , cork float. 2009 r1200rt ?
  2. 2slowwheels

GSA fuel strip

I'm sure the info is here somewhere, I couldn't find it. Does a 2011 R12 GSA have a fuel strip or fuel float? Thanks
  3. cobaltc4s

R1200R (K27) Fuel Strip Zapper Shortcut Tutorial

I've searched through many forums and have never found this Fuel Strip Zapper Shortcut for the naked K27 R1200R. Most repair references are for GS and RT models. The 'Roadster' models have an easy to access connector, so there is no need to remove the tank. Direct access to the fuel strip is...
  4. talmadge_w

2012 GSA fuel indicator

Bike is 2012 1200 GSA w ~67k. My understanding is this machine uses a float fuel level measurement rather than a strip but I haven’t confirmed. From fill up to ~120 miles range remaining everything is normal. At that point both the remaining range and fuel level bar graph begin counting...
  5. T

Year the RT went to float vs. strip

Learning from this forum about the hex RT as I currently have a '07. It has had one fuel strip replaced last June by PO and has been flawless. Want to know, for my information, what year the float replaced the strip for the RT. Have seen one review/spec article and it mentioned MY '13 was the...
  6. mikegalbicka

2007 R1200RT - proebeemer.nl Float Conversion DIY Discussion

This thread is open for public discussion of the DIY posted in the Hexhead DIY Tech Library for a float conversion from a fuel strip using the Float Control 2 kit from proebeemer.nl...
  7. M

Fuel Strip Installation Woes

My bike is a 2006 R1200RT. This Spring, I performed a complete Annual/20,000KM service which included draining and removing the fuel tank so that the brake system could be flushed. When the bike was put back together, everything was fine, but a few days later, I found that the bike was no longer...
  8. mikegalbicka

Fuel strip to float conversion for 07RT

I am in the process of writing up this conversion as I install it for your future reference. I am dealing with someone in the Netherlands and sometimes things get lost in translation. I have successfully removed the fuel pump, fuel strip and filler cap and have a few questions for you...
  9. W

2009 rt fuel indicator blank after refill

I filled up on gas and triangle yellow came on, I noticed flashing gas pump in display flashing, Fuel indication was blank, it eventually came on and went off several times, I would guess some kind of wiring short, what do you think, I know fuel gauges have been a problem,Thanks Woody
  10. 2slowwheels

Fuel strip r12r

Does a 2013 R1200R have a fuel strip sending unit or a float type? thanks
Back