• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

clearwater lights

1. R

Clearwater lights warranty service

We have had a lot of negative comments lately about poor company service, so I thought I would add a positive one. I bought a pair of the small Clearwater lights to mount on the fork of my R Nine T. Expensive, but I justify the premium because they are made in the U.S. Concerend about having...
  2. M

Great Clearwater service

Have been using Clearwater lights for several years now ,on several bikes . My latest set of Darlas are about 1 1/2 years old. Always been reliable . While at MOA 50TH Rally , I noticed a problem with the Darlas. I had water inside one of the lights . A quick trip to the rally service tent...
  3. T

Clearwater Lights on R1250RT

I am thinking about installing Clearwater Lights on my R1250RT 2023 with OEM fog lights. After researching I have decided on the Clearwater Lights brand. I am undecided on the type and install location. If you have installed Clearwater Lights to your R1250RT I would be interested in your...
  4. B

What's with Denali Electronics?

Haven't ever had any Denali Electronics products before and am wondering how they care. Ordered a set of lights, controller, and wiring at the 2022 National Rally and was told 2-6 weeks wait time. I'm still waiting. Denali has not been "proactive" in keeping me apprised of the delivery time. If...
  5. M

Clearwater lights flash when plugging in battery charger

I just installed some Clearwater Krista lights onto my 2006 R1200 GS. The issue that I have is that when I plug the bike into my BMW Battery Charger (part number 71 60 7 688 865) the Krista lights flash, like a photo flash. It then happens again as the battery charger cycles back to the red...
  6. B

R12RS - Install Clearwater Canbus Canopener

Just received the Canopener and have found instructions and online manual wanting. It is now Easter Weekend and would like to install this unit before Monday. I found the TPM and plugged in the canopener but where does the original plug removed go. There is another plug on the opener but it...
  7. R

Clearwater Mount Position

Hello Fellow Riders, Looking for some feedback on the mounting position of some Clearwater Lights. The yellow ones were mounted on my bike by BMWLB and the ones with the bike on its side are a buddy's. He mounted them himself with the mounts with the diameter for that. I laid down my bike and...
  8. R

Skid Plate - Clearwater - Tires - oh my

Howdy All, I'm relatively new to the ADV world and ride a 2016 R1200 GSA. I've had recommendations to add a stronger skid plate. I've looked at Blackdog, Touratech and Altrider options. The Blackdog seems the best but it's heavy and I'm not that cool off road, I do mainly dirt roads, fire...
  9. moshe_levy

Clearwater Darla Dimmable LED Light Kit Functional Overview and Durability Report

Hello All- Here's my functional overview and durability report on Clearwater's small but mighty Darla Dimmable LED Light Kit, including night testing! Please let me know what you think.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU84OBL-skQ -MKL
Back