• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

abs rebuild

1. J

How do I know if my ABS module is dead?

Good Day, Is there a way to tell if the iabs module in my 2003 GS is officially kaput? It's the server assist type, the one that Module Masters doesn't have a rebuild yet, (i think they've been a month away for 4 years). My was getting a "low pressure in rear circuit error". I...
  2. E

"brake failure" indicator on.

I had the rear hub recall replacement work completed on my 2009 R1200RT. It was, thankfully, not cracked but the Service department @ the Daytona Beach BMW dealer replaced it anyway. While riding the bike, with in 20 miles after the repair, the "break failure" lamp stays on, ABS does not...
  3. derost

PERFECT solution for fixing ABS brake failure

Hey there everyone... So, as many have experienced, I had my ABS-II completely crap out last year, and as most, I fixed it with black tape across the blinking lights! :thumb I tried everything from bleeds to resets, to thoughts of sacrificing fried chicken, and nothing worked... so I of course...
  4. A

ABS Module Failure 2008 R1200RT

My abs pump module, gen 2, has to be rebuilt. I did search but was unable to find help on the procedure for removing and replacing the pump module. I would also like to know if the module has to be bled separately since one thread in this forum seemed to indicate that it didn't. Any help would...
  5. J

2004 R1200 CL ABS brake help

All right I just got my new clutch installed and the whole rear frame remounted. I have now reached a road block that I cannot figure out. The ABS system has a main module under the tank for the front and rear brakes. The book says to take it to a dealer to have the system checked my problem...
  6. rodstanhope

07 with ABS failure

07 RT with ABS failure Got the brake failure light yesterday, pulled on the lever and had no ABS. Pandora's in Chattanooga says I need module replace. I bought an extended warranty (service plan) way back when and the bike is still covered. I am currently awaiting the warranty comapany's...
  7. M

New member does ABS module fix

Hello, I just finished installing my repaired ABS module for my '07 R1200RT. The unit failed at 14,000 miles at the end of a 2,000 mile road trip that my wife and I made recently. While I was upset about the part failure, the project ended up being very satisfying. Module Master's in Moscow...
  8. B

ABS repair - we found someone who is doing it!

Big update ***fixed by tyler at module master*** Well here's my big update...Tyler at Module Master (www.modulemaster.com) started to work on BMW early ABS units and became pretty good with repairing them... He wanted to start working and be able to fix servo motor ABS- I-ABS, Integrated ABS...
Back