• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

side stand

1. RANBUSH

Brown Side Stand - copy?

Bought a '94 R100RT awhile ago, and it had the OEM side stand on it. I had a spare "Brown" style side stand on the shelf in the shop, don't remember where I got it. Installed the "Brown" and the RT sits much differently than the '83 R100RS that I ride with a _real_ Brown side stand (I bought one...
  2. C

Side Stand bent on a S1000XR?

Hello everyone; I bought 2021 S1000XR and took it in for the 6K service at my local BMW dealership. The tech told me that the Side Stand is bent. I was stunned about this since I have never had this issue in 35 years of riding motorcycles. I don't mount my motorcycle standing on the footrest...
  3. W

R100R side stand

Is there any hope at all for the miserable side stand on my R100R? It's mounted WAY forward, springs back to the return position all by itself and is far too short. Other than those niggly drawbacks, it's a well-designed bit of equipment. :cry Has anyone found a way to either correct these...
  4. 7

Sidestand and Footpeg 1 pc unit

Does anyone know who sells these combo units. Saw a new one a month or two ago on a /5 frame. I want one. Charlie
  5. N

F750 side stand exchange

I have seen a number of posts saying that BMW has a curved side stand to keep the F850 from standing up too straight. Anyone know if there is a similar item for the F750? I have had mine fall over to the right twice because the stand is too long on anything but the flattest spots. Wind blew...
  6. B

frame repair question: what is this, maybe the kickstand?

Hi everyone, another question on the 1971 SWB R75/5 project. when I got this project it had many "custom" previous owner interesting repairs. the side kickstand is welded to a foot peg I'm cleaning up the frame at the moment for powder coat there is a broken bolt, or funny weld on one of...
  7. G

What is this frame tab?

Hello all, is there a chance anyone may know off hand what this frame tab it for? This is an '82 R100RT. Located just behind the frame's front left engine mount, is this L shaped tab, with small a ball joint. Is it possible this is intended for a side stand of some sort? Many thanks in...
  8. G

1996 R1100GS Side Stand Length

1996 Side stand I need to change the length of my 1996 R1100Gs Side stand. The original design is too short for my liking. I have perused several previous threads on the issue, some dating back almost 10 years. Yes, I understand the Hockey puck and Foot pad enlarger, but I really want the...
  9. J

Fragile kickstand?

I went to my nearest dealer today to try on a (hopefully discounted) 2016 R1200RT. I had back surgery back in January and I'm still a bit weak and inflexible so I had trouble getting my boot over the right side case. When I was last there, they asked me to not put all my weight on the stand by...
  10. FredRydr

Sidekicker adjustable sidestand

If anyone is interested in participating in a group buy of Sidekicker adjustable sidestands for their F800GS or F650GS twin, please go to the following link for further information. >> Sidekicker Group Buy << The purpose of this effort was to get the inventor/manufacturer to make a version for...
Back