• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

shorai

1. M

battery tender for a Shorai Lifepo

Just as I was about to strip down for a mono strut suspension up grade the battery light went on on the control panel. I had the simple battery tender but could not get the Yuasa up to spec. I went for the Shorai and while awaiting delivery searched tenders. Shorai out of stock everywhere. Got...
  2. S

Looking to install Shorai

I'm finally retired and getting my old R100CS back to riding shape. I parked it in 2011 due to it not keeping battery charged even when ridden. I've got a higher output alternator ordered and says it's ok to use lithium ion batteries with it. I've run many of these in many bikes had excellent...
  3. M

Thoughts on lithium eg Shorai battery in a 1998 R110RT ?

Does any one have experience, good or bad, with litium batteries eg a Shoari lithium, in a 1998 vintage R110RT? We live in Texas so summer is 40 C / 100F all summer and the battery location to me doesnt seem likely to get much cool air flow. Plus I see Shoari suggests you use their foam around...
  4. D

Lithium Batteries the good and bad

I need to replace my battery on my 1150 GS and doing research I am considering a lithium. They weigh only 3 to 4 lbs as apposed to 15 to 18 lbs for an AGM cold cranking amps are more cost is sometimes more. what is the downside to one? What are your opinions on these? thanks Dave
  5. A

Shorai Battery upgrade R1200GS/GSA

Shorai Battery upgrade/replacement for the R1200GS/GSA For those whom may have purchased a LFX14A1-BS12 recently for there R1200GS or GS/A..there is an upgrade/replacement to the 18amp version due to poor cold starting issues. Contact your authorized Shorai dealer for details.
Back