• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

clutch adjustment

1. B

'76 BMW R90/6 Brand New Clutch Slipping, Ideas?

The bike: '76 R90/6, Siebenrock big bore kit, dual plug conversion, Alpha ignition, R100/7 final drive (more top end, lower rpms at highway speed). The bike runs GREAT! However. Last summer I notice some clutch slipping during hard acceleration so I decided to replace pressure plate, friction...
  2. E

first 2006 K1200S

I just picked up my first BMW. My clutch lever starts hurting my hand after 10 min of ridding. Does anyone know how i can lessen the tension on the clutch lever.
  3. D

2012 K1600GTL Issue with clutch handle/lever grab point

I bought my K1600 this year, first BMW. I have put 4000 miles on it in the last 3 months. Love the bike but I have this weird issue. Since I have small hands reaching the clutch is an issue to begin with. I purchased a Wunderlich adjustable clutch handle that made it better but it seems that the...
  4. E

Clutch Engagement RT and others

And I thought it was only me, but by the threads I have read here, the clutch engagement point on the RT (2015) and on other models, is way too far away from the grip. On my K1300S it was right there close to the grip and allowed super quick starts of the line. Now with my RT I just sit there...
  5. jimvonbaden

Adjusting the engagement point of a Wethead Clutch or Brake! (pictorial)

This process is identical for either the brake or the clutch. It takes almost no time to get the engagement point either closer, or further away from the grip. NOTE: I have aftermarket levers, but they use the stock plungers. There is no difference in the process. First, you need to remove the...
Back