• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

fuel pump

1. talmadge_w

2012 GSA fuel indicator

Bike is 2012 1200 GSA w ~67k. My understanding is this machine uses a float fuel level measurement rather than a strip but I haven’t confirmed. From fill up to ~120 miles range remaining everything is normal. At that point both the remaining range and fuel level bar graph begin counting...
  2. 9

2006 R1200 RT repair estimate QUESTION

Oh My. One morning (after a year-long hiatus) my RT would not start. Called the dealership and was told it was probably the fuel pump. So THANKS to MOA Platinum the bike was towed to the dealership. Diagnosis: fuel pump. This will be my third fuel pump. And of course the fuel strip for the...
  3. J

F800gs bad fuel pump?

I own a 2014 800gs and I’ve encountered a problem.. I currently have around 20000 miles on the bike and on my recent trip from Michigan to North Carolina my bike had a complication. 800 miles in on the 900 miles trip my bike randomly shut off on an off ramp, no bogging or stuttering just died...
  4. Dann

Recall failure

There was a recall in 2014 on the fuel pump of my 07 RT. They would either put a reinforcement ring on the pump quick connect (what they did on mine) or put a new pump. Mine started leaking a few days ago from the ring they installed. The bike is going back to the dealer tomorrow to get the...
  5. R

Fuel pump issue puzzler-need collective wisdom!

I have a 2007 Hexhead RT that chugs and stalls when fuel in tank reaches about 1/3 full. Has happened 3 times now, and always at the same fuel level mark. Refilling the tank seems to make it go away. I've already replaced the FPC with the new black powder coated one, and checked venting lines...
  6. K

Fuel Pump Controller Operation

I recently experienced a fuel pump controller failure on my 2007 R1200ST. After getting the bike back on the road, I got to wondering about how the controller actually operates. I know the fuel pump runs for a second or so when the ignition is first turned on to pressurize the fuel system. My...
  7. N

Fuel Pump Test

Hi - 2003 R1150RT - I was riding and it stopped, like someone turned off the key. It has spark to both plugs, ABS, lights, fuel gauge, etc work. Plugs are dry (no sign of fuel). The fuel pump relay clicks like it is working. How can I test the fuel pump? Thanks Pete
  8. 2

diagnostic help requested - non running '08 R1200RT

Hello all, I've got a new to me 2008 R1200RT which I bought from the original owner 10 days ago, 10K miles. Took a wonderful trip with my wife exploring parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway without incident, adding 466 miles to the odometer. Then, a couple days later we decided to run an errand...
  9. 6

07 R1200 GS Adventure: Fuel Leak at Quick Disconnect!

Discovered this weekend that I had a fuel leak on the left upper side of the tank at the Quick Disconnect on my 07 R1200GSA. Appears to be some cracking around that area. Did not discover the issue until I got a fuel warning light and I decided to bring the GSA home directly. I noticed the...
  10. David13

Reminder: Replace Your FPC

FPC Fuel pressure controller. It sits on top of the tank, and supposedly toggles the fuel pump between 80% and 100% voltage. They fail. I knew mine would fail, 2008 R1200RT. But I didn't realize it would happen in Mexico, with 12000 miles on the bike. I had to get towed off the mountain. To...
  11. C

2008 R1200RT won't start

The engine turns over (so it's not the starter and I don't think it's the alternator) but the bike won't start. I thought that maybe it was a weak battery (over two years old) so a bought a new odyssey. Bike is in neutral and I pull in the clutch. The kill switch is off. I even made sure the...
  12. S

1992 K75 Fuel Tank

Got the classic leaker. Can anyone describe to me the difference between the RT & other K75 tanks, an how this particular model differs from the K100's tank. As I search and find these tanks I note some tanks "from what I'm told by seller" only fit certain models. It surely wouldn't work out to...
Back