• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

crush washer

1. J

2001 r1150gs — sticking brake caliper & new lines advice

a couple of days before I was hoping to take off for a week camping, found out the front brakes were sticking when I could barely push her onto the sidewalk. It seems the standard advice is to replace the brake lines so I have ordered a set of the spieglers and am anxiously awaiting their...
  2. tmwilmotte

Good, cheap source for R1250GS crush washers

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap source for engine oil change and FD oil change crush washers? There are tons of them listed on Amazon, but so many sizes I'm not sure what works for a R1250GS. What specific sizes do I need? I'd like to support Beemer Boneyard, but shipping costs are too...
  3. S

Cam tensioner gasket - '14 R1200RT

BoxFlyer says I need to use a copper casket, I don't have that size but do have it in aluminum since it's the same as the oil drain. What is the reason for copper only? I wanted to check my cam timing this weekend before heading out on a trip.
  4. B

R80RT Final Drive Drain Plug

Needed to change my oil(s). When It was time to drain oil from final oil, I discovered the drain plug was rather tight. I backed it off and after the oil had drained out, I gingerly screw drain plug back in but found it could not be tighten?? Further investigation, the drain plug had been...
  5. E

Oil Drain Plug Washer question

Anybody re-use the aluminum washer? I mistakenly overfilled the engine oil on my 2009 R1200RT. I loosened the plug enough to drain the oil and then re-tightened it again to32nm with a Torque wrench. I'm getting ready for a long trip and did not have an extra washer available? I do have time...
  6. Picinisco

Crush Washers

I would like to have a stock of crush washers on hand so I have them when I need them. Does anybody know where I can buy them in bulk. Does anybody know if the crush washers used by Honda, Acura cars are the same size. Check eBay http://tinyurl.com/3aatxw will these fit. John
Back