• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

idle problems

1. M

1980 R100 Idle Problem

This bike was supposed to have LOT's of work done to it including the rebuild of the carbs. The bike starts fine and idles fine cold with and without choke on. Once you ride it a few miles it will not idle down and seems stuck around 2000 rpm. I have heard lots of opinions but I want to come to...
  2. 7

89 R65 Idle Issue

My 1989 R65 runs perfectly...except. When the temperatures reach into the 80s or the bike is in slow traffic and heats up, the idle climbs to about 2000 and won't drop. The bike only has about 30K on it but obviously it has spent a lot of time sitting in the garage; maybe I need to rebuild the...
  3. 3

Bike dying clutch pulled in at stop.

Just had the bike worked on for valve cover gasket leak. While in there had the valves checked -- were not out of spec according to dealer. Also they changed the plugs. I'm riding the bike and it dies going into a rest stop after downshifting to second gear. Also has continued to die when...
  4. B

Idle issues '94 K75RT

I took my wife for a 400 mile ride around the Reno/Tahoe area and had a bit of trouble. The bike (1994 K75RT) ran fine for the first 200 miles but travelling from Wellington NV over the mountains and down into the Lake Tahoe area I had to stop for some road construction the bike quit and would...
Back