• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

low beam

1. S

2008 K1200S Low Beam Failure

Just bought an '08 K1200S after several years of looking and I had a burned out low beam head lamp bulb. Easy enough to remove and replace the obviously toasted H7 bulb; however, the new bulb also did not work and I still got the LAMPF! warning when I powered on the bike. I swapped the bulb...
  2. mikegalbicka

H7 spring clip removal and locking

These videos show a close up of replacing an H7 headlight on a 2007 R1200RT. They were taken after removing the entire headlamp assy following the instructions in these articles https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?35262-HEXHEAD-Tech-R1200RT-Plastic-Removal-2008-Model...
  3. D

14 RT low beam bulb

So we take off last Saturday for a ride to D.C. Arrive Sunday afternoon after I noticed the dreaded bulb out light on dash! Get to hotel unpack relax a bit and go to change bulb out. Always carry spare because I'm on my second RT! So I've changed prolly 6 or more. Reach under from front and...
  4. J

Low beam bulb replacement for 2015 RT

I think I just blew out my first light bulb. It seems I've read about replacing them somewhere in the forum, but I don't find anything when I try searching with key words. The manual instruction seems fairly worthless.First, it doesn't mention that it's a no-see-um affair. I removed the cover...
  5. K

low beam headlight

I just replaced the low beam headlight on my 2014 RTW. Is this supposed to be this difficult or is it just me.
  6. M

Changing low beam bulbs on a 2008 RT??

Riding in the mountains a few nights ago both of my low beams went out, luckily I have low mounted lights on the forks and the high beam did keep working. The following day I removed the left hand bulb, put an OHM meter on it and it was fine so I put it back in place and it started working...
  7. CaptRehkopf

New RT's SINGLE low beam question

Looking for comparisons of a 2012 RT dual low beam versus the 2014 SINGLE low beam, as far as lightening distance/seeing the road? Anybody who has had both bikes would be the source for comparisons. Not interested in theory but empirical comparisons. Ride Safe, Robert
  8. 137011

Headlight bulb change gone badly...

Thought I should detail this mini-disaster and subsequent workaround in case this happens to any of my MOA club mates. I was on my way to a local club meeting one Saturday this past October on my new F800GT. Turned on the ignition, the computer check did its pre-flight inside the instrument pod...
  9. 2

2006 RT - All Headlights Went Out - All at once...

This morning started like any other, but I made a 20 minute stop on my way to work this morning. When I fired the bike back up I noticed that the Front Headlight Indicator Warning light was on. Thinking that this wasn't a critical issue I continued on and made it to work, knowing I had a few...
Back