• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

k1100lt

1. chrisabraham

Dead Battery or Fried Alternator on my '95 K1100LT?

Last week, I ran by new battery out by forgetting my key in the bike, lights and everything else on. Tried to roll start her. Nope. Trickle charged at deep cycle, 2AMP, and no real take in the time I had. Tried to jump using the trickle charger when I ran out of time using the 55AMP jump...
  2. C

'94 K1100LT Cured my ABS issues, but am I looking at breather issues or bad HES?

Hello, all.... My until-now trusty 94 K1100LTSE (58K miles) has just begun stumbling after running 50 miles or so. I recently won the battle of bringing the ABS back to life, but during the proof-of-principle test ride through rural Maryland, rolling on the throttle resulted in a sudden...
  3. B

Naked K1100LT?

Help me think about converting my 1995 K1100LT to a naked bike..... Living in southern Louisiana with frequent heat index figures of 105+ presents real challenges to the full enjoyment of my beemer. I have added Baker Air Wings and worked on the heat ducts with some improvement but it is not...
  4. B

K1100LT Paint

It is time to repaint some parts of my 1995 K1100LT. Too much touch up paint over too much time. The color code on the chasses is 704 which I believe translate to Graphite Metallic. I am advised by ColorRite.com that they do not have this color available and do know who might. Does anyone...
Back