• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

bulb replacement

1. H

2019 R1250RT H7 Low beam bulb change

OMG! What a P.I.T.A. This can't be that bad. I have a little seat, I'm in my garage with all my tools. 10 mins tops! :banghead Having ridden once at night, the low beam headlight didn't wow me, so I thought I would give these Voltage Automotive H7 Headlight Bulb Polarize White Replacement...
  2. jsoque

Front Parking Light Bulb Change, 2010 R1200RT

I have a parking light bulb that is burned out for the very first time in any of my last 4 Beemers! Anyone know how I can access this one on a 2010 R1200RT? I have big hands and manage reaching my head light and high beam lights ok, but, does this require taking off my dashboard? If you have a...
  3. 2

Replacement of low beam bulb on a 2016 BMW RT

My left low beam is burnt out at 13,000 miles and less than 3 years of use. There does not seem to be a good tutorial on this. Is it easier to replace the bulb if you remove the speaker?
  4. tangoalpha

Light bulb replacement - recommendations

Hello again you Oilheads. Well....seems as though I'm full swing again with myriad of projects with Der Bimmer. It's been awhile, so perhaps my bike just felt the need to bring me back to the garage to keep my mechanic skills fresh. Seems like one project begets another and before you know...
  5. S

2008 K1200S Low Beam Failure

Just bought an '08 K1200S after several years of looking and I had a burned out low beam head lamp bulb. Easy enough to remove and replace the obviously toasted H7 bulb; however, the new bulb also did not work and I still got the LAMPF! warning when I powered on the bike. I swapped the bulb...
  6. ohiorider

Inexpensive replacement for 1991 R100GS headlight assembly

The H4 low beam was burned out, so I attempted to change the bulb. But I'm afraid the wire spring clip that holds the H4 in place broke loose from the socket. It appears I may have broken the white plastic bulb socket where the clip is attached. I think it might be possible to remove the...
  7. J

Low beam bulb replacement for 2015 RT

I think I just blew out my first light bulb. It seems I've read about replacing them somewhere in the forum, but I don't find anything when I try searching with key words. The manual instruction seems fairly worthless.First, it doesn't mention that it's a no-see-um affair. I removed the cover...
  8. M

Changing low beam bulbs on a 2008 RT??

Riding in the mountains a few nights ago both of my low beams went out, luckily I have low mounted lights on the forks and the high beam did keep working. The following day I removed the left hand bulb, put an OHM meter on it and it was fine so I put it back in place and it started working...
  9. J

Low beam headlight 2014 RTW

The low beam headlight on my 2014 1200RTW burnt out. The rider’s manual contains illustrations on actually replacing the bulb but no guidance on how to actually get to that point. Any suggestions - disassembly?
Back