• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

timing

1. s_alt

Freshly Built R100 not running well!

Hello all, Been awhile since Ive been on but ran into an issue after a complete rebuild of my bike. Its a 1981 R100T current milage is unknown but the gear box and cylinder walls and piston ring gaps all looks exceptional so I don't think it has too many miles. Either way, before I took it...
  2. P

Timing and points problem 1976 R90/6 not starting.

I recently replaced my points on my r90/6 and can't seem to advance the timing enough to get the bike to fire up. While using the alligator clip to light bulb method to set the timing initially I can only turn the plate enough to turn the bulb on about 3 cm from the S marks and on the other end...
  3. P

Starting problem r90/6, all my fault?

After timing my '76 R90/6 using the light bulb to alligator clip method my bike won't start. Before I even finished timing the bike, the lightbulb method stopped working no power to the bulb. In fact the Oil pressure, Brake failure and Neutral light won't light up at all. The turn signal light...
  4. T

1975 r60/6 timing issue

I have been doing some basic maintenance and one of the things I tried to do was make sure the timing was correct. The timing is retarded, but I've rotated the timing plate as far as it will go and it is still retarded. could it be a loose timing chain? I'm really not sure what could be...
  5. S

Dyna III timing woes

OK, probably not a Dyna III problem per se... I've got a '71 /5 on which the PO installed a Dyna III electronic ignition. While going through my the-wait-for-a-running-bike-is-almost-over tune-up, I ran into a problem when adjusting the timing dynamically: I get a double S (idle) and double F...
Back