• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

rough running

1. C

Rough running engine? Remember to check your coil connections.

Several weeks ago I bought a very clean 2004 R1150R with 19k miles on it. On my test ride, it ran a bit rough but after inspecting the bike and feeling comfortable it was in great condition, I figured I'd be able to chase the problem down in short measure. Well, I'm embarrassed to say that...
  2. harryhendo

1987 R80 rough running above idle

Hi Folks, My 1987 R80 (which I bought new in 1987) was sitting in a barn for 10 years, and I've been getting it back in shape. That meant rebuilding the Bing carburetors and also clearing out the mice damage to the airbox. There were also some frayed/nibbled wires, which I replaced. The bike...
  3. T

1988 K75 - Tech Help Requested

Hi All, Apologies if this is somewhere in the myriad of posts, but here goes... Having some issues with the 1988 K75, ~53k miles... Initially the bike would run pretty good for the short rides I would do (less than an hour). Then went out on a longer ride and after a couple hours it started...
  4. M

intermittent rough running; hot cat

Hi! I am a first time poster-- NOT a mechanic - also not afraid to get some grease under the fingernails 1995 GS 1100 57k miles Second owner as of 2011 (With SWEET new KTC 80 knobbies! Golly, that looks cool!) Last oil change last fall about 700 miles ago-- purple stuff, getting supplies...
Back