• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tools to carry

1. A

Roadside repairs for relatively new bikes?

I've been revising tool kits recently and was thinking to myself that I carry all these tools - almost certainly too many - and have just about never used them. I'm considering eliminating just about everything except flat fixing solutions (including a small hammer for dented rims - a personal...
  2. I

Extra tools to carry on G 310GS

Hello all, Am interested in knowing what extra tools do you carry with you on your G 310 R or GS when your out traveling with it for 3-5 days besides the tools that come with the bike. Maybe a good question for either Paul or Voni since they put ALOT of miles on their 310 GS's. Thanks in advance...
  3. B

Toolkit for R1250GS

Greetings all. I am putting together a toolkit for my 1250GS. Most of my miles are road miles and I’ve never carried more than a tire repair kit other than when I travelled to the Yukon Territories three years ago on a V-Strom. For that trip I just cobbled together a bunch of stuff and tossed...
  4. lee

Travel Tools

Yesterday I took pictures of what tools I carry on trips and stored them on my phone. I also labeled the pictures saying where the tools are located, like tank bag, seat bag or under seat. Sometimes I forget what I have or where it located :) CRS Most of the stuff is carried on my pillion seat...
  5. gsinnc

Tool Questions for Wethead

I am working on putting together a tool kit for my new R1200GS and at the same time updating the tool kit for my '16 R1200RTW. Hoping folks can answer a couple questions The Final Drive has a T40 Fill Plug and T45 Drain plug? The rear wheel bolts are T50? The Oil Drain plug is a M10 hex...
  6. 1

Rider's Tools

Revzilla has a BMW specific rider's roll up tool kit for $113.00. Anyone have any experience with this kit? I'm trying to put together a tool kit to take along on trips. I wonder if the Revzilla kit will allow me to remove the front and rear wheels in the event of a flat. Have any of you put...
  7. C

Onboard tools

Hi I am new to the group. My apologies if this has appeared before, but I didn't see anything in my searches here so, I thought I would ask. What tools should I have handy onboard for my 2009 1200RT? The kit that came with bike is long gone so I want to put together one of my own, say from...
  8. rangerreece

The infamous R1200RT tool kit

Years ago, I remember somewhere on the forums, someone mentioning how weak and useless the R1200RT tool kit was. I've had mine since I owned the bike, a black leather pouch with a screwdriver, oil filler cap tool, spark plug wrench... In short order I collected several tools as I needed them...
  9. G

Tool Kit--which wrenches to take.

I'm putting together a tool kit for my 2009 R1200GS and I've got a pretty good handle on what tools I want to bring except for wrenches. What combination wrenches might I expect to need for dealing with breakdowns? My girl's bike is a 2007 F650GS and so I'd like to hear comments about which...
Back