• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

relay wiring

1. RANBUSH

2016 R1200 RT - horn shorts out?

Another discovery on the new-to-me 2016 R1200 RT. Yesterday a driver runs a red light in front of me (very common in the San Fran Bay area these days) and I give her a loud blast on the horn, and the horn dies after about three seconds. Didn't work again until I turned the motor off and back on...
  2. W

headlight relay

Not sure how but I think I fried my headlight relay. The headlight is on even with the ignition turned off and the relay is warm to the touch. Are there aftermarket relay options and where is the best place to get hold of a new relay?
  3. T

'73 R75/5 LWB won't start, battery fine.

Think it might be starter relay. How to bypass relay and use solenoid directly? If I'm persistent I can sometimes start up with kick pedal. Thanks for any help, Tom Carter
  4. H

71 R75/5 Starter Relay - should I retrofit a new one?

Greetings MOA mates, I currently have a starter issue on my R75/5: When I click the starter switch, the starter will start cranking but will not stop until I pull the battery. I am still in troubleshooting phase and have done my usual web research (I am new at Airheads maintenance). A lot of...
  5. J

relay help

Hi guys, back from europe and again reassembling my new to me 2000 r1100rt, installed new clutch and had the frame up at the rear now back down only to find, I have ign light and neutral light and abs flashing no head light or tail or turn signals screen wont raise or fall, all worked before...
  6. T

2009 RT ignition switched +12 volt source

Just got a nice 2009 RT and hooking up some Running/brake Hyperlites. Need to locate a ignition switched +12 volt source. Any suggestions before I start removing all those plastic fairing parts. Everything I tried under seat is always on or never on.
  7. redcat43

Trigger Wire for Centech 2007 R1200RT

I have a 2007 R1200RT. I would like to install a Centech fuse block. Can anyone explain in detail what a "trigger wire" is and how to hook it up to either the accessory port or parking light? Photos would be nice.
  8. C

wiring, relay, additional driving lights

I just purchased some inexpensive lights at the local auto store. i want to wire them so that they can not be turned on with the key off. they did not come with a relay. does anyone have experience with this? and also a wiring diagram. thanks, craig
Back