• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tire plug

1. K

Tire Repair or Replace it...

Team BMW, I experienced my first flat on my K1200 last week. Luckily, I had a tire repair kit and was able to fix it before the 1.5-hour ride home. Question is now that I have taken the small shard of glass out of my Michelin Road 4 tire, patched it - what is the consensus of riding on it...
  2. T

Nealey Tire Repair Kit

https://www.nealeytirerepairkit.com/ Heads up and a warning, this place has apparently gone out of business but the website is still up and taking orders. I purchased the tire repair kit exactly 2 months ago, heard nothing back, unable to contact by phone and email returned as undeliverable...
  3. AKsuited

Tire plugging kits

<iframe width="1182" height="665" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qm6fTWaj3QE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> Rope plugs have worked well for me and are what I carry with me on the...
  4. stinkypete

R1200RT - Riding on a Plugged Tyre

I have a Pirelli Angel GT II (A) on the Beemer, which I hope is no more that 25-30% into it's life. Today I pulled a screw out of the tread after finding the rear tyre flat when I was preparing to go for a ride. I repaired the hole using my "Stop & Go" tyre plugger with the soft rubber...
  5. D

Stop and Go tire plugger

On the way home from a week in the Texas hill country, thought the road noise was a little loud. Looked at the tire pressures and found the rear to be 29lb. No yellow warning light so started looking for parking place. Good old Dollar General looked good, then got flashing red warning and...
  6. ricochetrider

Just Can't Have Nice Things....

Ordered a pair of Michelin Pilot Activ tires for my 89 R100RS. Had them installed and rode the bike home from my airhead buddy's house, taking the scenic route. Got home and was looking at the tires.... there is a NAIL in my rear tire, about 1" off center! Less than 60 miles on them. What the...
Back