• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

sena

1. S

2022 K1600GTL TFT/iPhone/Sena 50S Connectivity w/Siri

Hi everyone! My name is Sara. I just joined the club and have been reading your awesome posts! I'm impressed with the experience, knowledge, and humor of the group and am looking forward to interacting and learning with you! I recently bought a new K1600 GTL Option 719. LOVE this bike! I...
  2. P

Cardo or Sena?

I have a 2018 R1200RT. I searched the sight a bit, but no luck on answering my question. I am looking for an intercom to listen to the motorcycle radio, talk with my passenger, and possibly another rider, realizing the other rider may need the same system. Long on time is a must. No desire to...
  3. J

SENA 20S Broken unit parts please

Hello, I have a pair of Sena 20S units that I communicate with during our trips. I upgraded the battery and it seems like we are pretty happy with the operation of them. The other day, the first time ever, I dropped my helmet while getting fuel. The impact broke the case on my Com unit. I have...
  4. M

Bluetooth Earbuds with Sena

Are there any custom bluetooth earbuds out there that will pair with a Sena? The wired pair I got from Tim McCarty, Marietta GA finally failed and he has passed away so I need to find another source. Now I wonder if there wireless bluetooth earbuds. Speakers in the helmet are no options
  5. B

Sena 30K - "Connection failed try again later"

Well, I made the apparent mistake of upgrading the firmware in my 30K to version 2.0 (got the email from Sena). That was yesterday; today when I went out i discovered that the thing is apparently constantly trying to connect (I was solo, even in the middle of nowhere this was happening) and that...
  6. B

What order to pair devices

So, before today my newest bike was a 1994 R100GSPD. So, the newly acquired R1200 GS Adventure is a bit of a system shock. I bought the Navigator VI and it is installed. I have a Cardo PackTalk Bold on my helmet. It pairs perfectly with my iphone. This question is the order of pairing...
  7. F

Cardo, Sena, other?

I'm getting dizzy trying to figure out what Bluetooth devices to get for me and the SO (Just the 2 of us) for the GTL. The communications manual for the bike is 100 pages long and no real help for device selection. I'm sure that some of the members have a clear and positive preference for some...
  8. L

So you want LOUD helmet speakers?

This post is about modifying your Sena and possibly other brands of helmet speakers to make the sound volume louder. This post now includes Parts 1 & 2 plus an addendum that contains a correction. I have been working on helmet speaker mods for a few years and there is quite a bit to report...
  9. B

Just want music in my helmet

What recommendations do you have for a "simple" Bluetooth helmet device that can be paired with the stereo unit on my 2016 R1200RT? No GPS, no phone calls while riding, no intercom, etc. I'm even surprised that I'm asking, because a stereo on a motorcycle runs afoul of what motorcycling is to...
  10. H

N-Com vs Sena

Does anyone know or have any thoughts on The Nolan N-Com B5 or B5L? I cant really find any reviews on them. I am trying to decide on A Sena system or Nolan System. I am purchasing a Nolan 104 evo. Thanks for the advise!! Jim Hester 1991 R100RT
  11. B

Sena Universal Pairing Worked Well

A fellow blogger moved from Montreal to Toronto recently, so I am enjoying showing him my favourite riding roads. He has a Sena with the Universal Pairing feature, while I have a Cardo G9. A bit of research showed the Sena would pair with G9 as if it were a cell phone. That would knock out my...
  12. globalrider

Sena 20S

I'm considering a Sena 20S. I just got a reply back from the Sena Support Team stating the battery is not replaceable. So I take it if battery capacity after numerous charges drops by enough that talk time is way down, I am just supposed to throw away an expensive item? :banghead Our...
  13. skibumwi

Sena 20s Charging issue - SOLVED

Hi all, I've been working with my new Sena 20s and finally got everything paired up and working properly (see the the thread "Sena 20 w/r1200rt"). Went for a long ride today and the unit informed me that the battery was low, and then about 1 minute later it repeated the Low battery warning and...
  14. M

Pairing Sena SHM10R with Nav V

I have struggled -- unsuccessfully to get voice commands through my Sena unit from my Nav 5. I have a 2014 RTW which has the BMW factory radio (I never listen to the radio when riding), and the factory "cradle" for the Nav 5. The Sena pairs to the Nav 5, but I can't get audio so I never hear...
  15. E

Sena 20S Multi-tasking

I just bought the Sena 20S for me and my partner. Reading the manual it appears there is a way to listen to music and still have the intercom feature available as an override. Has anyone done this? How does it work? I've set the devices to multi-tasking and also set the override volume...
  16. waxrash

Sena Bluetooth 20s support does not exist

I was a raving Sena fan for many years. I have used my SMH10 to cover the lower 48 and most of Canada. I am very familiar with its operation. I ordered a 20s, pricey, but the new features look so good on paper. I used it for for a month or so, audio is awesome. However when it came time for...
  17. L

Scala G4 issues

I've had a couple issues with my G4 so I thought I'd share my efforts to resolve the problem. Since I first purchased the G4 I've had a issue with my Droid X not ringing through to the G4. If a call comes in I get no ringer in my headset. The only way I know I have a call is if I'm listening to...
Back