• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

fuel line

1. O

1996 R1100RT Fuel Distribution Line Repair

On my R1100RT, the plastic fuel line from the distribution box to the left side fuel injector had a kink in it. I cut the line and temporally replaced a short section with a rubber fuel injection hose. It has worked for most of the summer but it is time to repair it. Any ideas on how to...
  2. O

Fuel distributor which line is TO vs. RETURN from tank?

I just installed the new and improved quick-disconnects on the fuel lines and my marking system had a breakdown. Does someone know which line (upper or lower) from the fuel distributor is TO vs. RETURN? The back of the fuel pump plate is clearly marked so that's easy enough. Thanks!
  3. N

2004 R1150RT Pops, no power, & engine quits

I own a 2004 R1150RT with 17,500 miles. Up until today it was running & starting well. Today as I accelerated from a stop light between 1st & 2nd the bike "pops", barely runs - just enough for me to get into a parking lot, then it quits. Trying to start it again the engine catches a bit but...
  4. 2slowwheels

Oilhead in tank fuel hose

Anyone have a good source for the submersible fuel line needed for the vent lines inside a GSA gas tank?
  5. gsaddict

Proof that SAE 30R9 fuel line cannot be submersed

There has been a lot of discussion on the requirement to use SAE 30R10 for continuous submersion on R11XX fuel pump systems. Some think that SAE 30R9 (rated for fuel injection use outside the tank) can be used inside as well. In short - it can't be used for very long I tried it..... Story: I...
  6. L

Fuel line>>>what type and where

I replaced the quick release fuel line connectors on my R1150RT several years ago and my fuel leak went away...or so I thought. It is back and appears to be coming from the fuel line/coupler connection. I had replaced this line when I when I installed the new metal male connector with...
  7. bluegrasspicker

Proper technique for fuel line clamps

My fuel lines were leaking a bit between the line and the clamp on my quick disconnects. As soon as it gets warm enough, I am going to replace the lines and clamps. ( R1150RT) What is the proper technique for tightening the clamps? How close to the end of the hose should the clamp be? How do I...
Back