• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

windshield

1. brownie0486

C Bailey's no longer making motorcycle windscreens, some suggestions?

I've got a C Bailey's on the 2011 RT presently. Just looked at maybe replacing it as I really like the looks and protection but they are no longer making them for motors. Suggestions from RT owners on what they've found to be a well sorted screen for the beast? Thanks
  2. rwadamsidaho

F850GSA - After market wind screen

I am 6' 4" riding a rally seat on my F850GSA. With the stock tall windscreen I quickly get a face mask covered with dead bugs. The wind stream coming of the top hits right a eye level. I have been looking at all the after market screen vendors and up until now I have not found anything that...
  3. R

2019 R1250GS Rallye

2019 R1250GS Rallye Larger Windscreen I want to install a larger windshield on my 2019 R1250GS. (Rallye Version windshield) When I ordered it I inadvertently selected the sport (small) windscreen. It's fine for day rides, but on a recent trip to the MOA in Tennessee, its shortcomings (no pun...
  4. G

GTL windshield upgrade

Hello, looking for some input about which windshield to purchase fro a 2018 K1600 GTL. I’m 6’1”, 190#, with a 33” inseam. Buying a windshield is a shot in the dark it seems. I have been researching a bunch but haven’t been able to get information that makes me confident to commit to make a...
  5. G

Replacement windsheild for '99 R1100R

Hi Gang, Looking for a replacement windshield for my '99 R1100R. Aftermarket shields are a problem due to the need to use the factory mounting brackets because of those idiotic aluminum profile non-adjustable handlebars. Cee Bailey used to offer one, but they suddenly no longer offer mc...
  6. C

The cold shoulder(s) windshield

Total Newb here, took my new to me, 2104 1200GS for it's first outing yesterday. It was a bit on the chilly side here in the Hill country area of TX great ride to Coopers BBQ but my shoulders were freezing. The stock Windshield does a fine job of directing the airflow over my helmet (screen in...
  7. A

Windshield vent

Has anyone tried to cut (or have a plastic shop cut) a vent in a stock windshield?
  8. J

2016 f800gsa newbie going deaf and broke over Wind Noise

Hi, I'm a new BMW owner as of July. Love the bike but, unfortunately, the wind noise at highway speeds is deafening. My head hurts and ears ring for hours after a ride. I'm 6' 175 lbs with a stock seat and stock windshield. I've tried the following in order: $600+ Schuberth C3 helmet...
  9. T

To (wind)shield, or not to shield? (R80RT)

It's been quite hot around Seattle the past two weeks (high 80's to low 90's). Riding has been fine, but creeping along in our traffic with the sun beating down is bad. I decided to take the windshield off. What a difference. No only am I cooler but the bike seems to fly. It's like swimming...
  10. K

MRA X creen Experience???

Anybody have anything to share about the MRA X creen windshield extender? I have a Vstream aftermarket windshield on my 2011 F650GS that puts the turbulent airflow right about forehead level for me at highway speeds (70 mph +/-???). I like the idea of an adjustable extender that can be folded...
  11. 1

F800gt windshield options

Has anyone replaced their stock windshield with an aftermarket windshield? I added a Wonderlich deflector that helps throw air over the top, but I want something of a more permanent solution. Has anyone used a MadStad adjustable windscreen? Any thoughts on any replacement windshields? Cathy
  12. Mama1200

Tall windscreen for K1200RS?

I own an 2003 K1200RS and after spending a great summer on it and 18,100miles I have learned to hate the factory windscreen. What success has anyone on here had with taller windscreens? Brands? I am 6'3" so any of you other tall riders that have found a solution to the buffeting please let me know.
  13. BluBeast

Aftermarket windshield decision

I'm getting ready for north to south California road trip and have decided to get a windshield/windscreen. Mostly State highway but some stretches at 75-80 MPH I've narrowed it down to Aeroflow off road tall, Aeroflow touring short, or BMW OEM touring. I'm 5'4", 30" inseam and have the 2010 F...
  14. B

K75 windscreen by ZTechnik

I am looking for a windscreen and found these: http://shop.ztechnik.com/cgi-bin/ztech/results?search_model=bm-003. Has anybody had any experience with them?
  15. 2

1993 windshield replacement

Need advice on a replacement windshield for 1993 R100RT. looking at Parrabellum & Arizona. Need input on these two and other
Back