• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

hall effect sensor repair

1. senseamidmadness

1997 BMW R850R Sudden No Start - Not Just the Hall Sensor!

[Solved] 1997 BMW R850R Sudden No Start - Not Just the Hall Sensor! Hey folks, I'm new to BMW ownership and I'm stumped by my Oilhead. I'm a fairly experienced home mechanic and have resurrected at least three previous motorcycles from the dead, but I don't know these models as well as most of...
  2. D

R1150R Turns Over, No Start

My bike has sat for about 2 months since I last started it. 02 R1150R 24k on the odometer It is up on the center stand (side stand is up) and it has sat on a Battery Tender Jr for about 3 months or more (showing green) It is garaged at all times and not left out in the weather. I went out to...
  3. P

R1100RT Hall Effect Sensor replacement?

I've had a '99 1100RT for a few years now. 34K Miles, so very low miles. Runs great and absolutely zero issues with it. But, it has the original HES which worries me as I'm aware of the potential failures that can leave one stranded. I've ridden for hours in torrential downpours with no issues...
  4. R

R1150R start issue

i have 75k on my bike with no issues generally. one day recently went out for a long ride. next day, no start. it turns over, catches, and stays barely running at low rpm's for a few seconds, then shuts down. then all of a sudden a few days later bike starts and runs fine, for days. ran the tank...
  5. B

2004 R 1150 RT Hall Sensor

When did they change to the new style haul sensor and how can you tell the difference between the new style and the old style?
  6. drj434343

Hall sensor replacement, do I need the engine lock pin?

I'm in the middle of a 60K mile massive maintenance job on my 1997 R1100RS. The next job is replacing the hall sensor in order to avoid possible wiring failure. The instructions indicate I need to use the special BMW locking pin tool to lock the engine in place at OT before removing the pulley...
Back