• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

sprocket

1. S

Smaller Rear Sprocket G310GS 2021

I want to replace the OEM rear sprocket with a smaller sized unit. Any recommendations as well as feedback from members who have performed this change would be greatly appreciated. I utilize the bike (100%) to commute. No trails, no twisties, no show. I want to take advantage of the re-gear for...
  2. T

Rear sprocket F800gsa 2017

have new 2017 f 800 gsa, frt sprocket is 16 and rear is 42. I ride cross country and and RPM is 4500 at 75 mph would like to drop that down and run at 80 mph at around 4000 or just slightly less. I am think a 44 tooth rear gear would get me closer to what I need. Any help out there or...
  3. B

24K Service - awaiting sprocket?

I am due (well, now 800 miles overdue) for the 24K service on my C650GT, and after three weeks the dealer is still waiting for a sprocket that comes out of Germany. They say they have no way of finding out how much longer it will take to receive this part - is anyone else having (or had) this...
  4. R

Chain and sprocket replacement questions

My chain, and both front and rear sprockets on my 08 F650GS twin are shot. Over 40,000k so they owe me nothing. I'd like to drop one tooth on the front sprocket to give me more low end power. Will my mid range power be affected? Top speed is not an issue as I'll never see it anyway. If I...
  5. R

New sprockets?

Hi guys, I'm looking to change my worn out 09 F650GS sprockets. Should I stick with stock size or go for something different? Looking for better overall performance (mileage). My options are below. FRONT SPROCKET SIZE 15T 16T 17T - Stock Size 18T REAR SPROCKET SIZE 41T - Stock Size 42T 43T...
Back